Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kermorgant

Haven't seen him this season as haven't managed to get to a game yet, but from a lot of people's reports over the last 3 games he's been way below his best.

What's going on?
Should he be dropped for a week and give Sordell and church a chance up top?

Comments

• Options
    Well we are expecting Yann = Fuller + Haynes + Himself!
  • Options
    Only saw him v Boro when everybody was below par. One observation at that game was that I thought he looked very upper body heavy and didn't win as much in the air as he usually does. I'm sure the fitness team would know if he is not at optimum weight which if he's not would be completely unacceptable. Perhaps it was just my perception. In any case we need to get him back to his beast.
  • Options
    Dip in form. Every player goes through it and he's been through worse in his life/career so i fully expect to come back better like he always does.
  • Options
    I hope apparent news of one or two clubs being after him has unsettled him?
  • Options
    It's not just Kermorgant imo, Wiggins is looking like a shadow of his former self in an attacking sense...
  • Options
    I've only seen him in the Boro game this season, but I think the strikers generally in that game suffered from not seeing enough of the ball.

He made the equaliser yesterday.
  • Options
    Was speaking to a Celtic supporter by the pool yesterday here in Rhodes and he reckons the Bhoys have tabled a bid for Yann
  • Options
    if this is kermorgant's dip in form then thats fine by me. scored against bournemouth and got an assist against barnsley. it wasn't just a tap in against bournemouth aswell, i was there right infront of the goal, incredible. what do people expect him to be doing. a player im worrying about is dervite, doesn't look as good as last season.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    He, like a lot of the team, is very unfit
  • Options
    Just seen the equaliser and the vision and execution of the pass didn't look out of form to me. He has been up front with little support till Church has come in and a midfield not exactly helping.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann is a magnificent player,as said a goal and an assist already.Hope transfer talk is bull.
  • Options
    In or out of form, he is still an important part of the team
  • Options
    Can't blame Yann for having his head turned, wouldn't you do the same if you've got only 10 months left on your contract and are wanted by Celtic?... Loyalty deserves a longer contract and the Board isn't rewarding loyalty so I'm not surprised that players are now getting concerned about their future stability as its not easy to get new contracts if one doesn't take the initial offer, just look at Stevens and Villa as a good example, all blown away now...
    The Board simply have to get off their arses and renew contracts so the players can focus on their game 100%...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    He should be sold, according to some experts who change their mind more often than I change my socks.
  • Options
    How anyone can question Yann is baffling.
  • Options
    Not a dip in form for Yann it's the long ball to him, oppo managers have sussed it out they have one player blocking his run and one on him, he's getting battered chasing a lost cause, plan B and C needed cos Yanns got good feet! He does look like he's no stranger to Greggs though !
  • Options
    He'll improve - the team not playing so well doesn't help but I'm not going to worry too much about Yann!
  • Options
    Poor Yann took a battering against Boro, was limping around in the second half and perhaps should have been subbed. As others have suggested above, even out-of-form he remains a huge asset to the team. Here's hoping he doesn't suffer a serious injury....

Going back to pre-season, against AFC Wombles he played in a withdrawn role, just behind Adamo Coolibaly, who was on trial. Yann looked good that night, hassling and harrying the defenders into making mistakes.
  • Options
    I think a good part of the form dip for yann and others is down to the season starting so early this season. Took me a while to adjust and feel up for it too. Mental and physical peak arrives around mid august, and that is how it's been for yonks, not august 3rd. The super-hot summer would also have warranted an extended summer break, not a shorter one. Then again it seems most other clubs have coped..
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Not a dip in form for Yann it's the long ball to him, oppo managers have sussed it out they have one player blocking his run and one on him, he's getting battered chasing a lost cause, plan B and C needed cos Yanns got good feet! He does look like he's no stranger to Greggs though !

Greenie's right. If you watch Yann closely in a game he is often obstructed or pulled when he makes a run off the ball. Refs don't see it as they are looking at the ball. I think this is why we see his frustration at times and why he gets a little annoyed. He will come good. He is an excellent footballer.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    SJH and Greenie are both correct we sometimes expect too much from Yann he has to take all the attacking load as we lump the ball up to him. A more measured approach would help Yann as he is very skillful for a big guy.