Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leadership/ captaincy

With JJ out injured, I have grave concerns about a lack of leadership on the pitch. Morro is in poor form currently, so not a dominant leader for the team, and was decidedly lacklustre v Mboro last week after we went behind. So who can be our driving force? Cort is about the only option just now in my opinion...Interested in views of those there yesterday re whether he took on that role in the second half. Or any other thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Hamer?
  • Options
    Morrison is not captain material regardless of form. He doesn't appear to be a big talker or much of a leader.

If Hughes was in the side I'd give it to him, but yesterday would have given it to Gower. From the little I have seen of him he does seem to talk and cajole on the pitch.
  • Options
    Yann?
  • Options

Morrison is not captain material regardless of form. He doesn't appear to be a big talker or much of a leader.

If Hughes was in the side I'd give it to him, but yesterday would have given it to Gower. From the little I have seen of him he does seem to talk and cajole on the pitch.

Completely agree. Morro is not a leader. His shoulders drop when he makes a mistake whereas a captain needs to puff out his chest and get on with it. He needs to put an arm around someone who makes a mistake but Morro screams and shouts.

I've said before we need more leaders in the squad.

• Options
    Based on comments he's made in the past, Chris Powell seems to have great faith in Morrison's leadership capabilities. Surely he's better placed to judge than any of us?
  • Options
    Gillis said:

Based on comments he's made in the past, Chris Powell seems to have great faith in Morrison's leadership capabilities. Surely he's better placed to judge than any of us?

Exactly my thoughts.
    Also Would people be saying the same if he had a good game yesterday??
  • Options

I'd go for Gower ..
  • Options
    eug72 said:

Gillis said:

Exactly my thoughts.
    Also Would people be saying the same if he had a good game yesterday??
    IMO he hasn't had a good game for quite some time.

• Options
    Get Andy Hughes back in there. A leader if ever there was one. Constantly talking, encouraging, and we've only ever lost one game he's started.