Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Funniest joke of 2013 Edinburgh Fringe

"I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa."

Comments

• Good grief, that's poor. God knows what the rest must have been like.
  • The rest of the shortlist were funnier.

Weird, the other year's winners have been very good.
  • Im sorry i herd that joke years ago.. Wasnt funny then either.. Im guessing this list of jokes comes from the under 12s age group where the winner and his parents get a week in spain with the groovy gang...
  • That joke is a bit flakey.
  • Blimey! Get Hope & Kean on the phone - it's time for a comeback!
  • The top 10 funniest jokes of the Edinburgh Fringe 2013;

1. Rob Auton: ‘I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.’

2. Alex Horne: ‘I used to work in a shoe-recycling shop. It was sole-destroying.’

3. Alfie Moore: ‘I’m in a same-sex marriage… the sex is always the same.’

4. Tim Vine: ‘My friend told me he was going to a fancy dress party as an Italian island. I said to him “Don’t be Sicily”.’

5. Gary Delaney: ‘I can give you the cause of anaphylactic shock in a nutshell.’

6. Phil Wang: ‘The Pope is a lot like Doctor Who. He never dies, just keeps being replaced by white men.’

7. Marcus Brigstocke: ‘You know you’re fat when you hug a child and it gets lost.’

8. Liam Williams: ‘The universe implodes. No matter.’

9. Bobby Mair: ‘I was adopted at birth and have never met my mum. That makes it very difficult to enjoy any lap dance.’

10. Chris Coltrane: ‘The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately.'

Personally, I think the runner-up is better than the winner.
  • As are 3, 5, 8 and 9.
  • 3 is old.
    6 and 7 are crap.
    9 and 10 are the best.