Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grounds for Change

Apologies if already discussed/highlighted but couldn't see it. We're mentioned BTW.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23695199

Comments

• Options
    Well done Mr Razzell ! Great to see the club mentioned in positive terms.
  • Options
    "There are no current plans to move stadium"

I find that about as reassuring as a politician saying there are no current plans to raise taxes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And doesn't fit with what the Club's own sales brochure claims.

I auctually think SB is right in that there are no current plans to move but that makes it even stranger that the Club would use the "potential" site in Greenwich as an incentive in selling the Club.

The big worry is that there doesn't appear to be ANY plans beyond sell the club hence the player contract situation.
  • Options
    I very much doubt there are any other plans beyond sale ... whatever has happened behind the scenes, it is a reasonable assumption that investment has dried up.

If they considered promotion to the Premier as still realistic, then an investment of a few milllion woud have given us a good chance of a play-off place.

Until the sale price is reduced (if the figures are to be believed) then nothing will happen and we will be in limbo ... probably meaning that we lose half our squad at the end of the season.

Our 'owners' seem to like playing brinkmanship, so this may go right until the end of the season when they may be forced to sell at a cut-price.