Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Rod not getting a lot of love from opposing fans or players at the moment

2»

Comments

• Options
    Am in US at moment visiting the wife's family and was watching the game on tv where A-rod got hit. Commentators were expecting a retaliation by the Yanks which never came.

I'm taking my son to see the Rays v Angels on Tuesday before we head home, really looking forward to it although heard mixed reviews about the indoor stadium.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

I learned the rules and a lot of the jargon playing "stick baseball". Is it on TV at all?

ESPN show live games and re-runs of whole games pretty every evening and through the night. You can get highlights on line MLB.com in the mornings a few hours after games have finished.
    Cheers
    I've had league pass the last 3 seasons, and if I'm not mistaken, they've got a "MLB.TV Game of the Day" every single day, which is a game you can watch for free on your computer, iPad, iPhone, Android, ps3 or xbox :)
    MLB.TV is quality by the way!
    Up until August 1 I had ESPN America on Free-view here. but they've since stopped. Shame, because they showed Baseball every day.

• Options

sasquatch said:

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

I learned the rules and a lot of the jargon playing "stick baseball". Is it on TV at all?

ESPN show live games and re-runs of whole games pretty every evening and through the night. You can get highlights on line MLB.com in the mornings a few hours after games have finished.
    Cheers
    I've had league pass the last 3 seasons, and if I'm not mistaken, they've got a "MLB.TV Game of the Day" every single day, which is a game you can watch for free on your computer, iPad, iPhone, Android, ps3 or xbox :)
    Up until August 1 I had ESPN America on Free-view here. but they've since stopped. Shame, because they showed Baseball every day.

ESPN is now included if you have BT sports. I've got Virgin so it's included. I think you have to subscribe if you have SKY or free-view, but not sure about this, someone else could probably tell you. Also, quite surprisingly, since ESPN re-jigged its sports coverage, which includes removing ESPN America, it seems there's been more baseball on. Lovely!
  • Options

sasquatch said:

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Cheers

ESPN is now included if you have BT sports. I've got Virgin so it's included. I think you have to subscribe if you have SKY or free-view, but not sure about this, someone else could probably tell you. Also, quite surprisingly, since ESPN re-jigged its sports coverage, which includes removing ESPN America, it seems there's been more baseball on. Lovely!
    Sorry Lordromford, I should have mentioned that I live in Luxembourg and have a completely different provider.

• Options

sasquatch said:

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Cheers

Sorry Lordromford, I should have mentioned that I live in Luxembourg and have a completely different provider.

No sweat mate.
    :-)

• Options
    Just watched the video. For some reason I thought "A-Rod" was Andy Roddick. I was wrong! Shit sport.
  • Options
    I suppose people on here calling baseball a shit sport is the same as the millions in America calling 'soccer' a shit sport. I think putting it like that shows the ignorance of both statements. Just my opinion like.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I suppose people on here calling baseball a shit sport is the same as the millions in America calling 'soccer' a shit sport. I think putting it like that shows the ignorance of both statements. Just my opinion like.

Not necessarily ignorant? They might just think baseball is a shit sport. Just my opinion like.

• Options
    Going out to see my boy in NYC this coming week so will be taking in those damn Yankees entertaining the Orioles. However my team are the Angels who I first saw in 1978 when my pal emigrated to Southern California.

Had the great privilege I seeing the Nolan Express pitch but the tmost head gone player was Mad Hungarian Al Hrbosky who in fact was a complete showman who just loved to be the pantomime villain who came off the bench as relief and was often thrown out of the game as he spent a lot of time trying to hit the batters!

Clubs signed up MH to put buns on seats not to win a pennant :-))
  • Options
    Oops typo above meant Ryan's Express - shouldn't post do early on a Saturday morni g after Friday night ;-))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob said:

Not necessarily ignorant? They might just think baseball is a shit sport. Just my opinion like.

Whoosh