Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Drinking near the Oval

We are over the Oval for the test this coming Saturday - Can anyone recommend any decent boozers around that area for after it's finished as we will have a few hours to kill before the last train back to Maidstone.

Don't mind going a few stops on the tube if need be but don't want to be going too far away from Victoria.

Cheers.

Comments

• The St George's Tavern behind Victoria Station is a good choice

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/thestgeorgestavernvictorialondon/
  • edited August 2013
    Worked for a number of years at Vauxhall and this is one of the best pubs in the area
    http://www.theblackdogvauxhall.com/
    About 5 mins walk from the oval and 3 or 4 to the tube station.

Edit* Looks like it is closed on a Saturday
  • The Fentiman Arms on Fentiman Road is a great little pub, about 5 mins from The Oval.
  • smiffyboy said:

If your a group of fellas I would recommend the Vauxhall Tavern they allow groups of males in

Don't forget your rainbow flag.

Talking of flags.......
  • If you like proper beer, the Crown & Anchor on Brixton Road is excellent with dozens of good beers on tap. It's a good 15/20 minute walk from the ground though.

A good local is the Roebuck but more likely to be crowded after the game.
  • I'd go for London Bridge, 15+ pubs within 5 minutes of the station, easy access to Oval tube and won't be as crowded.
  • The Ship on Kennington Road?
  • Prince of Wales cleaver square. Great Little boozer and always a good crowd int the square.
  • Thanks for the tips guys. Looking at tomorrow's weather I think I'll have time to fit mostof these places in!!
  • Sponsored links:

• CHG said:

The Fentiman Arms on Fentiman Road is a great little pub, about 5 mins from The Oval.

Snap. Was about to recommend this one. Quality little pub off the main road.
  • edited August 2013
    I was there yesterday & have been to The Oval a few times this year. All the pubs near the ground will be rammed afterwards. But if you make a quick exit & get to the bar early, then it's not a problem.

Go from Victoria to Vauxhall on the Victoria line (5 mins) & walk down Harleyford Road to The Beehive (7 mins max), which is right by the ground.

Yesterday we went to The Beehive, The Roebuck & The Fentiman Arms.

We went to The Beehive at 9am and had Full English breakfast for £7, with 2 pints of Guinness.

2 pints in the ground, then exited as still raining.

2 pints in The Fentiman Arms & 2 pints in The Roebuck.

Play started about 2.30 so got back in and took a pint to our seats.

Had another after tea.

Bearing in mind it's forecast to rain most of tomorrow, I think you could follow the above plan.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=Kennington
  • smiffyboy said:

If your a group of fellas I would recommend the Vauxhall Tavern they allow groups of males in

hahahahahahahahahaha