Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks for the game against Doncaster

Comments

• Options
    Hamer - 5
    Solly - 6
    Wiggins - 5
    Morrison - 3
    Cort - 5
    Pritchard - 5
    Gower - 5.5
    Cousins - 7.5
    Harriot - 6
    Church - 6
    Kermorgant - 5
  • Options
    Hamer - 5
    Solly - 5
    Morrison - 5
    Cort - 5
    Wiggins - 5
    Pritchard - 5
    Gower - 5
    Cousins - 6
    Harriott - 6
    Kermorgant - 5
    Church - 6
  • Options
    Hamer - 5 No longer inspires confidence
    Solly - 5.5 Still not at his best; as his minds elsewhere!
    Morrison - 5 Not at his best
    Cort - 6 Good solid performance
    Wiggins 4 Poor; elementary error, failing to pick up the player behind him from a throw in allowed the unpressured cross for the 1st goal
    Pritchard - 6 Good effort considering the conditions
    Gower - 6 Improved performance; combined well with Cousins
    Cousins - 7 Impressed; intelligent play and good commitment
    Harriott - 6.5 His pace caused problems; pity Wiggins is playing below par as improved link-up play will add to our threat on the left
    Kermorgant - 6 Improved performance
    Church -6.5 Looks a promissing combination with Yann

Can't help but feel that off the filed issues are undermining team spirit.
  • Options
    Morrison. 3
    Wiggin. 3
  • Options
    Posting before reading but Morrison looks emotionally shot and in my book would deserve a very LW score as did Wiggy b4 the suspension.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Posting before reading but Morrison looks emotionally shot and in my book would deserve a very LW score as did Wiggy b4 the suspension.

He did to me too, have I missed something??

• Options

Puddle by East Stand: 9 (great tackle)
    Puddle in goalmouth: 1 (Shocking defending)

• Options
    Morrison just seems to constantly moan rather than get on with the game, much better player when he focuses on what he needs to do.

Cousins showed fight and determination as well as the technical ability to do well in this league good start

Other than yann and church no one else wanted to be there just disappointing that the fight from last year has disappeared

Need to improve but it's early on I back Powell to change our set of result in the next few games
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Hamer 4
    Solly 3
    Morrison 3
    Cort 3
    Wiggins 2
    Pritchard 3
    Gower 2
    Cousins 4
    Harriott 3
    Kermorgant 3
    Church 3

Some of you lot are deluded we were 3-0 down at home to Doncaster after 25 mins yet they all get 6s and7s. good job is wasn't 1-0 when it got abandoned otherwise they would all have got 9s and 10s

It's hardly Church's fault we were 3-0 down though is it, for example.
  • Options
    i cant really rate them tbh, they couldnt play on the pitch

Wiggins was having a mare tho, i know he had the worse part of the pitch but the 1st goal was a result of him not paying attention
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought Cousins was our best player at 5.5 and Morrison lour worst and looked like a volunteer from the burger van (2.5).

4 for the rest.
  • Options

Hamer 5 Thought he could have done better with first goal but never looked as if he fancied the game
    Solly 6 Stuck at it and showed flashes of old self
    Morrison 5 Not at his best
    Cort 5.5 Must take his share of the blame for the goals against
    Wiggins 4.5 Totally switched off for their first goal not the same player
    Pritchard 5.5 Never gave up but offers little as an outlet unlucky not to score
    Gower 5 Wound me up up with his lack of urgency to take corners otherwise tidy
    Cousins 7 Started brightly but conditions got the better of him still our best player
    Harriott 6.5 Plenty of spirit and energy our main threat
    Kermorgant 6 Flashes of the old Yann spirit as the game wore on
    Church 6.5 Johnny on the spot yet again
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    really !! giving an excuse to that shower of shit just because it rained !!!

Hammer---5
    Solly----5
    Morr----4
    cort----4
    Wiggins----3 ------------what has heppened to this guy
    Pritchard----4-------------------lucky the manager thinks your a player
    Gower------------4
    Cousins----4
    Harriet----5
    Yan----5
    Church---5

Powell----2 -------------------sooooooooooooooooo lucky today it was called OFF

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Hamer - 5 - Couldn't do anything about any of the goals, header was right in the corner for the first. Still so much moaning at the lino when he should've been focused on his own game.
    Solly - 6 - redeemed himself slightly after the restart with flashes of last season's form
    Morrison - 3 - What has happened to him?!?!!??! Absolutely awful, slow, cumbersome and un-decisive. Kicked the ball out of Hamer's grasp at one point to which led to a goal. Drop him Powell.
    Cort - 4 - Asleep for the first goal, left there guy with miles of space to place his header. Poor after that to, would still start him and Dervite next game though
    Wiggins - 4.5 - Marginally improved after the restart, still a shadow of his former self. Wasn't helped by the swamp that the left flank was.
    Pritchard - 6.5 - Linked up well with Solly and also had a cracking volley saved. Hard working as usual, Our best option on the right by a mile.
    Gower - 6 - Some good passes and better like most of the team after the suspension but he left the defense so exposed at times, still sloppy in possession to but wasn't helped by a sloppy pitch either
    Cousins - 8 - Could very easily be our best central midfielder this season, Was all over the pitch and made a couple of excellent tackles. Shades of Viera about him?
    Harriott - 7 - He did very well considering he was playing in a swamp, beat his man many times and was very unlucky not to score
    Kermorgant - 6.5 - Much more like the Yann of old, put himself about and was very aggressive, more of that and he'll be back to his best
    Church - 7 - Ran the channels well and was in the right place at the right time, good freebie by Powell, one of the first names on the team sheet now IMO.

Defense - 4 - Was so poor, Donny scored from their 3 meaning full attacks, other than that the defense didn't have much to do. It failed to deal with anything.

Attack - 7 - Was MUCH better than the Boro game and we created numerous chances. We could've had 3 goals if it wasn't for Turnbull who actually played a blinder for them. Could've easily been 3-3

This is going to sound completely mad but that was a better performance than against Boro, we got the ball down and carved them open quite a few times. However all of this good forward play was completely ruined by the shambles of our defense which was a joke. CP has to sort the defense out before we can move forward as a unit and get proper results.
  • Options

Hamer - 5 No longer inspires confidence
    Solly - 5.5 Still not at his best; as his minds elsewhere!
    Morrison - 5 Not at his best
    Cort - 6 Good solid performance
    Wiggins 4 Poor; elementary error, failing to pick up the player behind him from a throw in allowed the unpressured cross for the 1st goal
    Pritchard - 6 Good effort considering the conditions
    Gower - 6 Improved performance; combined well with Cousins
    Cousins - 7 Impressed; intelligent play and good commitment
    Harriott - 6.5 His pace caused problems; pity Wiggins is playing below par as improved link-up play will add to our threat on the left
    Kermorgant - 6 Improved performance
    Church -6.5 Looks a promissing combination with Yann

Can't help but feel that off the filed issues are undermining team spirit.

Spot on. Cousins looks a class player in the making. Morrison and Wiggins should be 'rotated' for the nest game.
  • Options
    I can't decide on scores. Wiggins was poor but his side of the pitch was simply unplayable so you must take it into consideration.

The difference between the 2 sides wre they were using the pitch as an advantage and we were just moaning about it.
  • Options
    Surprised by the high(ish) marks for Hamer, thought he was dire today.
  • Options
    Hamer - 5
    Solly - 5
    Morrison - 3
    Cort - 5
    Wiggins - 4
    Pritchard - 6
    Gower - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 6
    Kermorgant - 6
    Church - 7
  • Options
    Giles - 10
    Fish -10
    Kettley - 10
    Kirkwood - 10
    Willis - 10
    Hurrell - 10
  • Options
    edited August 2013

really !! giving an excuse to that shower of shit just because it rained !!!

Hammer---5
    Solly----5
    Morr----4
    cort----4
    Wiggins----3 ------------what has heppened to this guy
    Pritchard----4-------------------lucky the manager thinks your a player
    Gower------------4
    Cousins----4
    Harriet----5
    Yan----5
    Church---5

Powell----2 -------------------sooooooooooooooooo lucky today it was called OFF

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Giles - 10
    Fish -10
    Kettley - 10
    Kirkwood - 10
    Willis - 10
    Hurrell - 10

Can we sign four of these as a back four?
  • Options

I can't decide on scores. Wiggins was poor but his side of the pitch was simply unplayable so you must take it into consideration.

The difference between the 2 sides wre they were using the pitch as an advantage and we were just moaning about it.

Spot on, Rugby Addick - and didn't they use the conditions well.
    Still thought we were in the game at 1-3 and Donny down to 10 men - but. I have often been accused of wearing rose tinted specs.
  • Options
    Hamer - 5
    Solly - 4
    Morrison - 5
    Cort - 6
    Wiggins - 4
    Pritchard - 5
    Gower - 5
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 6
    Kermorgant - 6
    Church - 6
  • Options
    purdis said:

Spot on, Rugby Addick - and didn't they use the conditions well.
    Still thought we were in the game at 1-3 and Donny down to 10 men - but. I have often been accused of wearing rose tinted specs.
    I agree we were still in it. We came out and took the game to them. It's not a case of wearing rose tinted specs, it's the fact momentum has swung the other way, we were up against 10 men on a heavy pitch with the whole of the second half to go. Plus we are usually better in the second half!

• Options
    Cousins looks very good has a carmess and carrys ball well! Best player on park 8 Morrison, wiggins 5 the rest 6
  • Options
    I like to take some time to consider my scores, as emotion can often take over from logic if you respond too close to the game.

Hamer - 3. Spent too much time whining, and not enough time concentrating on organising his defence. Lumped the ball too often in the air to the wingers, Pritch and Harriott, the smallest players on the pitch. The ball was duly returned with knobs,on.

Solly - 3 Probably our best defender on the day, but after being 3-0 down after 22 minutes, I refuse to give any of the defence more than 3.

Wiggins - 3 Much has been made of the condition of the pitch on his side, which is undoubtedly true, but how many times was he saved by Cal covering behind him, plowing through the swamp?

Cort - 3 Love Leon, but he lacks pace, and the conditions weren't going to make him any faster. Was at fault for the 1st goal, IMO, as he seemed to get caught too far into the middle, and caught under the ball.

Morrison - 3 Very poor. Distribution awful, clearly needs to have the captaincy stripped from him, as it seems to be affecting his game. Would probably "benefit" from a spell on the sidelines. No player should be above reproach, and be exempt from being dropped.

Pritch - 5 Gave the midfield more drive and energy. Was foiled by Turnbull from scoring a cracking volley. A better option than both Green or Wilson.

Gower - 5 On the whole, tidy and looks more comfortable with an energetic midfield around him. The booking was probably unfortunate, as there was no way on that pitch he was ever going to control his slide.

Cousins - 6.5 MOTM. Power and poise. Keeps it simple, and was strong enough to plow through the waterlogged parts of the pitch. Drove into the opposition, and often outmuscled them. In difficult conditions, an outstanding debut.

Harriot - 6 I think I saw a new, more determined Callum yesterday. His best game defensively, and gave their defenders a hard time. I will never criticise a young player for taking a shot. Perhaps, having come through the ranks with Cousins, he enjoyed playing alongside a long time friend?

Kermogant - 6.5 Great to see the "green shoots of recovery" from our talisman. Altogether a much better performance from Yann, and he looks like he is getting back to his best.

Church - 6 Took his goal well. Nice to see s striker who can score with both feet. Tireless worker who, as CP has said, looks a proper "Charlton" player. I believe the selection of Church has lead to the improvement in Yann's performances.
  • Options
    Some views way too harsh IMO

Hamer - 4
    Solly - 5
    Morrison - 3
    Cort - 5
    Wiggins - 5
    Pritchard - 6
    Gower - 6.5
    Cousins - 7.5
    Harriott - 6.5
    Kermorgant - 7
    Church - 7
  • Options
    Hamer 5
    Solly 4
    Morrison 4
    Cort 5
    Wiggins 4
    Pritchard 6
    Gower 6
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 6.5
    Kermorgant 6.5
    Church 6.5
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Hamer 3
    Solly 3
    Morrison 3
    Cort 3
    Wiggins 2
    Pritchard 3
    Gower 2
    Cousins 5
    Harriott 3
    Kermorgant 3
    Church 3

Some of you lot are deluded we were 3-0 down at home to Doncaster after 25 mins yet they all get 6s and7s. good job is wasn't 1-0 when it got abandoned otherwise they would all have got 9s and 10s

Well said mate...some here are so deluded that i have said on another post that if we lost 9-0 some of them here would give Hamer MOM...(some idiot will respond to this - whos first)

I give credit where its due others give 7 just for running on the pitch at the start.
  • Options
    Cousins, Harriott and Church all came off the pitch with credit.

The defence was a shambles, but it was a very strange half when going forward we created a fair bit and not everyone was below a 5/10.