Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    The paper quotes "Palace insiders" saying that "Holloway is under massive pressure, with Newcastle chief Alan Pardew the shock name in the frame to replace him. Holloway took the Eagles soaring into the big time but major trouble in the transfer market has left him with a weak looking squad."
    Holloway took Palace up via the play-offs last season after inheriting a team from Dougie Freedman who had been in red-hot form during the Autumn.
    But despite the ex-Blackpool boss getting the Eagles back into the top flight for the first time in over five years, Selhurst Park bosses are apparently getting itchy trigger fingers.
    "As Palace supremo Steve Parish watches how Holloway handles the big time there is a growing and informed feeling that Pardew is the red-hot tip for the post," the report continues.
    "Pardew has had his own troubles at the Toon and is still a Palace legend from his time at the club as a player."
  • Options
    I suspect that this is unfortunately all bollocks.
  • Options
    Cant see it TBH, Pards is on a stupid long contract they would have to buy that out surely and offer him more than he is on now, can they afford that
  • Options
    Not a chance of it happening in my opinion. When they have lost 10 in a row maybe .
  • Options

Not a chance of it happening in my opinion. When they have lost 10 in a row maybe .

That'll be around november then.........................

• Options

Cant see it TBH, Pards is on a stupid long contract they would have to buy that out surely and offer him more than he is on now, can they afford that

They haven't spent anything on players, so maybe they can afford to spend it on Pardew.

Can't see it myself, but it would be ace if it happened. He'd takes them down for sure, plus there would be the added bonus of there being no question about Charlton fans hating the big nosed c***
  • Options
    Pardew and Palace a match made in heaven - I'm sure he would destroy their youth and coaching set up which are generally seen as one of their strengths.
  • Options
    Pardew is on one year rolling contract for eight years rather than a eight year contract. I think.
  • Options
    Ha ha, why on Earth would they sack Holloway? Last season he got a decidedly ordinary team promoted and although he won't be good enough to save them from the drop, no-one else would be either. He's a very good manager, but he's not a miracle worker. As for criticism that he didn't do well in the transfer market, he had a handicap that few other managers in the Prem had - his club. Which good players are going to want to play for a drop-destined team in a ramshackle hovel with the worst transport connections this side of Stornoway Utd? None. Any player with any sense who had an offer from another Premiership team would surely choose the other.

If Palace could get in another manager, and if he was better at transfers than Holloway, they'd still have have the major problem that the January window will come too late for them. Their best bet, is to sit tight, enjoy a season of Premiership ground-hopping and use their chunk of the Sky money to upgrade their crumbling cornershop. Then next year use their parachute payments for a game of yo-yos.
  • Options
    "Palace insiders" saying that "Holloway is under massive pressure."

This says it all for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    12-1 to be next manager to leave post
  • Options
    I think the Palace owners are pretty genuine and are sadly doing a good job. Can't see them being too jumpy tbh.
  • Options
    If they palace board have any sense, they'll see there's no point in sacking the carrot cruncher, having to pay him a hefty compensation, then hiring someone else and having to pay more compo (assuming he's in employment) when the outcome will be exactly the same.........relegation.
  • Options
    I think even Jose Mourinhio would struggle to keep Palace up.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Let us hope that any decision(s) they make is/are the wrong one(s)...
  • Options
    There's another, more local and almost certainly cheaper, former Palace player managing whose contract expires in a few months.

This Palace board is sensible and will avoid Pardew like the plague!
  • Options
    Len, you scamp.
  • Options
    When he took over Palace were looking good for a 1st or 2nd finish. They limped over the line.
    The rumor said to me before the play off final by a sensible palace friend;
    Their board felt they had a team good enough to up automatically, if he failed he was gone. They were not that impressed with him.

That is the first and only rumor I have ever posted anywhere.
  • Options
    He's to bloody good for the Nigels.
    Given his squad has done really well so far. Would love to see him gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently if they lost to Leicester in April last season, he would have been gone.

Certainly would not be a massive shock and I quite like Holloway so would prefer to see him at another club than Palace.
  • Options
    If their board seriously thought they were good enough to go up automatically (ie that they were one of the two best teams in the division last year) then they're deluded beyond belief. I suspect this is absolute bobbins.
  • Options
    When the last bloke was in charge I dont think it would have been delusional to think that. They were looking good with him. Were Hull that good or Watford or Leicester or Brighton? That second place was up for grabs. Palaces form dipped alarmingly with Hollaway.
    Maybe I was given a bit of made up gossip, may be not. Just passing on what I was told by someone who knows more than most Charlton supporters about all things Palace.

• Options
    Freedman certainly didn't think palace would go up automatically
  • Options
    Of course, not all rumours of managers being about to be sacked come true, after all our board are wackier than Palaces and CP is still with us, despite rumours at one stage that he was at the Valley negotiating his severance package
  • Options

I suspect that this is unfortunately all bollocks.

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options

Just passing on what I was told by someone who knows more than most Charlton supporters about all things Palace.

Sounds like you've been talking to the nigel version of Reams...................
  • Options

Just passing on what I was told by someone who knows more than most Charlton supporters about all things Palace.

Sounds like you've been talking to the nigel version of Reams...................
    fair enough
  • Options
    Aren't virtually all football managers under huge pressure?
  • Options
    I've heard this has been put out by Pardew's "people", he did this when he was under pressure at southampton apparently.