Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

River Monsters

I have no interest in fishing whatsoever but this is one of the best programs on TV at th mo'.
8pm ITV 4
Forget the football for a while.

Comments

• Great programme. Wouldn't get me in one of those flimsy canoes in the amazon at any price.
  • It is a great show but I prefer Hillbilly Handfishing, that's a classic!
  • Not exactly a river monster, but we caught a Giant Goby in a rockpool earlier today.

Had only caught these tiny little things up until that point and then this (relatively - for a rockpool!) huge thing turns up in the net. Thought it was a clump of seaweed at first, until it started thrashing about and nearly made me drop me bucket!

Christ knows how I'd react if I came face to face with one of them things the fella on that programme usually goes looking for!
  • It is a great show but I prefer Hillbilly Handfishing, that's a classic!

sorry but.....that just don't sound right.
  • Yep I agree its a really well put together program......Fishing the cooling ponds at Chernobyl was really quite spooky.
  • I like it too. The presenter is really good - you can tell he loves what he does. Reminds me of Steve Backshall in his obvious enthusiasm for his subject.