Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To all on Charlton Life (and Into the Valley as well)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wheres Harry Hill when you need him ?
  • Options
    This site does have a very strong group think that actively excludes and belittles alternative views, however well expressed. And allows gratuitous insults to those not holding the group view.
    There is little debate on here, just slagging of posts /people that aren't in the group.
    It's quite childish at times.
  • Options
    iainment said:

This site does have a very strong group think that actively excludes and belittles alternative views, however well expressed. And allows gratuitous insults to those not holding the group view.
    There is little debate on here, just slagging of posts /people that aren't in the group.

Each to their own. No-one forces you on here. It's what our forefathers fought a world war for. Personally I think you are wrong. I am all in favour of some moderation on these Boards or else the quality of the debate drops and we have to put up with WUM's and worse. Into the Valley? I rest my case your Honour.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Agree entirely. The regular abuse dished out on this site is wearisome; look at the vile treatment Suthers got recently, simply for suggesting we take in a game at Ebbsfleet. It is unintelligent and dispiriting.

• Options
    I enjoy both beer and wine and its good to have a choice as and when. Suppose it's the same with CAFC forums too!
  • Options

iainment said:

Agree entirely. The regular abuse dished out on this site is wearisome; look at the vile treatment Suthers got recently, simply for suggesting we take in a game at Ebbsfleet. It is unintelligent and dispiriting.

War All the Time.

Thought this might strike a chord with you, VF.

• Options

iainment said:

Each to their own. No-one forces you on here. It's what our forefathers fought a world war for. Personally I think you are wrong. I am all in favour of some moderation on these Boards or else the quality of the debate drops and we have to put up with WUM's and worse. Into the Valley? I rest my case your Honour.
    I recognise that running a site is difficult and I respect the work of the mods, their task is thankless as there'll always be someone disappointed.
    But the point I'm making is the closed ranks of some/most on here who don't want to listen to any opinion but their own, who don't want to engage in debate and don't accept that valid opinions cover a wide range. Just because you express an opinion doesn't mean you're a wum or troll. Which is what some on here think of independent thoughts and ideas.
    I know I'm not forced on here but I think your comment kind of makes my point, don't accept an idea or post just give the person who makes it the impression they're not wanted and should go away.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

iainment said:

War All the Time.

Thought this might strike a chord with you, VF.

How do you know I'm into the American writer Charles Bukowski? As you must know, 'War All the Time' is the title of one of his collections of poetry: Black Sparrow Press, 1984. You must be psychic, Redskin!

• Options
    This is a case of deja vu. This is a private forum open to the public. There is a generally up beat ethos on here although not exclusively.

Why we are engaging yet again in this sterile debate leaves me totally non-plussed.

Here is what normally happens when the club goes through strife.

CL - those itk post up stuff which they have heard. Some people believe them, some don't - some get personal - some people defend. Some people refer to what is being said on other fora like ITV and there is some verbal handbags on each site. Some people call for the managers head - the majority normally defend the manager or justify the status quo. Some people call for certain board members to leave often from itk positions. Some people agree, some don't.

ITV - those itk post up stuff they have heard. Some people believe it, some don't. Some people refer to the stuff on CL. Sometimes its the same, sometimes it isn't. Some bad blood is created over things some people post up on CL about posters on ITV. Lots of people call for the manager to go - a few disagree. A few share their itk information about behind the scenes strife and call for certain directors to leave - most agree.

This is a cyclical thing. It is based around two largely separate internet communities both who passionately support our club but differ in how things should be done when things go wrong. Thats it. Live and let live I say.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    VF ,I remember you mentioning Buk some time ago and thought 'at last . . .'

Then it was Landlord beer and I was smitten.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

VF ,I remember you mentioning Buk some time ago and thought 'at last . . .'

Then it was Landlord beer and I was smitten.

Hey, Redskin! The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over The Hills....

• Options
    iainment said:

After seeing your comments on the Joke thread you don't do yourself any favours.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You Get So Alone at Times That It Just Makes Sense.

• Options
    'Play The Piano Drunk Like A Percussion Instrument Until The Fingers Begin To Bleed A Bit'.
  • Options

iainment said:

After seeing your comments on the Joke thread you don't do yourself any favours.
    I raised a point of view about racist jokes, is that not allowed now?
  • Options
    This
  • Options

Legitimate criticism of Powell is fine, but anyone who is seriously calling for him to get the tin-tack should be openly mocked for the imbecile that they are. With the conditions that he is working under at present, I just hope that he doesn't decide to walk. Then we really would be in the shit.

This.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    iainment said:

iainment said:

You get offended by the most minor of things, and it's not just on the jokes thread. It rubs a lot of people, especially those that don't take this forum too seriously or to heart, up the wrong way. Makes you come across as a bit of a wind up merchant and then you got the cheek to accuse a group of people on here of being childish.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There's plenty of good debate on here, without resorting to name calling or offering people out. Look at virtually any thread and there are people offering views and either agreeing or disagreeing all the time.

Some people tend to read only what they want to. If you think everyone's against you then you tend to ignore the posts agreeing with you, because you're already in the other mindset.

The difference here is that there are a wide range of views from a lot of different people. Some people post a lot, some don't. That's just the way it is.

However, I would say there is not one single person that dominates on here, which is a massive difference.

That said, if someone posts a load of total bollox on here then people are entitled to their own personal views in shouting down those views, if that is what they feel is the right thing to do. Within reason of course, and without the veiled threats and "say it to my face" shit that seems to go with it in some quarters.
  • Options
    Sinking like a stone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

You get offended by the most minor of things, and it's not just on the jokes thread. It rubs a lot of people, especially those that don't take this forum too seriously or to heart, up the wrong way. Makes you come across as a bit of a wind up merchant and then you got the cheek to accuse a group of people on here of being childish.
    Racism, not serious?
  • Options
    It all depends on your opinion. If yours is different, then others may not agree with you. Calling something racist doesn't necessarily mean it is. It just underlies the point of this thread which is that people are entitled to their own opinions, but they are also entitled to criticise the opinions of others if they disagree.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Racism, not serious?
    If you think Englishman/ Scotsmen/Irishman jokes are racist, then you really shouldn't have the Internet.