Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "I would hate to support that club"

2»

Comments

• Options
    this thread is getting a bit like the clubs you hate thread
  • Options
    Sevco. Hanging around in the Scottish Third division like a teenager at a kids party.
  • Options
    Real Madrid, Dynamo Moscow, Rangers.

All because of politics they were/are part of.
  • Options
    Charlton will be added to this list if the fans keep booing players at home games.
  • Options

Sevco. Hanging around in the Scottish Third division like a teenager at a kids party.

Who?
  • Options
    danny_m said:

Celtic... Cos of their Irish fans

I'm not for or against Celtic but, you got something against Irish people?
    Before you ask, i'm english, but i'm not quite sure how to read into that.

Yeah most of my family is Irish, so Im not sure either...
  • Options
    Most of my family are Irish and i'm a catholic, but it doesn't stop me from hating everything about Celtic.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Most of my family are Irish and i'm a catholic, but it doesn't stop me from hating everything about Celtic.

That's fine to not like a certain club. I hate Millwall and Palace, and some of their fans.
    If he said he didn't like them "because of their fans", that would be fine, because they have fans from different backgrounds all over the world.
    But to not like them because of their Irish fans, It kind of implies that he has something against Irish people in particular, so I found the comment a bit insulting towards Irish people.
    Just saying.

• Options
    Charlton but I'm stuck with it for life and love the pain

Poor away support

Limited song vocabulary

Too many fans who "laugh" at other clubs who are in a far superior position to us ... Weirdos

Too many fans who think they're superior to other fans cos they support a not so fashionable team and that they're the only club in the world to have had trials and tribulations
  • Options

They didnt hand around too long in fairness!

My list;
    Celtic (not because of their Irish fans)
    Palace
    Millwall
    Any team from Yorkshire/Lancashire that we had to visit when in L1 (Rochdale/Oldham etc etc)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    danny_m said:

That's fine to not like a certain club. I hate Millwall and Palace, and some of their fans.
    If he said he didn't like them "because of their fans", that would be fine, because they have fans from different backgrounds all over the world.
    But to not like them because of their Irish fans, It kind of implies that he has something against Irish people in particular, so I found the comment a bit insulting towards Irish people.
    Just saying.

This.
  • Options
    I think he's talking about Celtics Scottish fans that act like plastic Irish. I don't get that.
  • Options

I think he's talking about Celtics Scottish fans that act like plastic Irish. I don't get that.

They're proud of their ancestry, as well as political and religious issues. Though I believe politics and religion have no place in football at all and should be kept out. It causes too much trouble.

• Options
    i would hate to support chelsea purely for the fact that id have seen us buy the title likewise with man city but thats only because of my age.
  • Options
    danny_m said:

They're proud of their ancestry, as well as political and religious issues. Though I believe politics and religion have no place in football at all and should be kept out. It causes too much trouble.

Those same political views are probably why he hates their 'irish' fans. Just a thought

• Options

i would hate to support chelsea purely for the fact that id have seen us buy the title likewise with man city but thats only because of my age.

I would love to see Charlton buy the title.
  • Options
    Every club in the last forty years has bought the title, it's just how they come by that money that changes...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

They didnt hand around too long in fairness!

My list;
    Celtic (not because of their Irish fans)
    Palace
    Millwall
    Any team from Yorkshire/Lancashire that we had to visit when in L1 (Rochdale/Oldham etc etc)
    I meant Scottish League One, which they are in fairness not going to be staying in too long. Particularly if some of those "trialists" sign up.
  • Options

I'd love to see Charlton buy a player !
  • Options

its what comes with it though masses of plastic fans, no concentration on academy just buying in the best id hate it, i go stamford bridge quite a bit through a family connection and its dire there no singing lots of tourists. not what id want
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Newcastle or Leeds. That would make me a ****.
  • Options

its what comes with it though masses of plastic fans, no concentration on academy just buying in the best id hate it, i go stamford bridge quite a bit through a family connection and its dire there no singing lots of tourists. not what id want
    Sounds familiar....like when Charlton were in the premier league.
  • Options
    Liverpool or Man U

Just really boring marketing machines

#soccerball
  • Options
    Colchester is a great shout. No home atmosphere or identity whatsoever and never likely to achieve much or have any real excitement.

They don't even have that endearing 'little club' feel about them that you get with a lot of the sides at their level.
  • Options
    At this current moment in time the teams I pity and think "least I don't support them" has to be Pompey & Coventry.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Colchester is a great shout. No home atmosphere or identity whatsoever and never likely to achieve much or have any real excitement.

They don't even have that endearing 'little club' feel about them that you get with a lot of the sides at their level.

My Dad supports Col U, was a lot better atmosphere wise in the Layer Road days, classic case of a new ground sapping the atmosphere out of a matchday. At Layer Road the "Barside" terrace would be rocking with a few hundred of their hardcore noisy fans, difficult to recreate that at a new stadium.

It doesnt help that they have Ipswich Town on their doorstep, who they view in a similar vein as Gillingham fans view us. In addition to the hordes of migrated East Londoners living in Colchester who have no interest in catching a game at their local club, but instead continue to support West Ham from afar...

Odd to single them out though, been to a few small clubs on my travels with Charlton, and many of them (especially the ones with new grounds) fail to create an atmosphere....

• Options
    MK D**s (made-up club)
    Sunderland (disgrace of a manager)
    Liverpool (too many reasons to put here).