Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naming of Stands

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Apparently the South Stand is known as the Jimmy Seed Stand in some quarters ;-), but seriously isn't it about time we considered naming the two biggest stands, replacing the somewhat unimaginative titles The East Stand and The West Stand?

The Derek Hales Stand, The Alan Curbishley Stand etc...
Or if things carry on as they are, just rename the whole place the Pardew Valley!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Boring Stand and Rich Bastard Stand
  • Options
    Plastic Flask Drinking Stand - East
    Poncy Prawn Sandwich Wannabe Stand - West
  • Options
    Can we sing a song for you Stand
  • Options
    I think the Bill Gates stand and the Duke of Westminster Stand sound good.
  • Options
    Come on fellas! Be serious for once!
  • Options
    We could name a certain North Stand food bar the "Derek Hales Burger Bar" - there's so many hairs in their food.
  • Options
    East - The We start one song of a Game now Stand
    West - We are still working on that starting a song thing, we'll get back to you stand
  • Options
    I give up.
  • Options
    Wasn't the East christened the MacDonalds family stand a few years ago???
  • Options
    Curbishley Stand is weird - can't see us doing it while he is at WH.

Bartram, Mendonca, Kinsella, Hales, Peacock, Rufus, Leary, Firmani, Curbs, Lawrence could have a shout for having their names posted on something among others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i honestly don't think there has been anyone worthy enough of having a stand named after them, to be honest. Curbishley maybe in time, had he not gone for the Hamsters job (not that i blame him), but looking back in history, the only two people i think are worthy, Seed and Bartram, have both been recognised.

Hales does deserve something for being the record goal scorer, but it should be on a smaller scale and Covered End related, while long term wise, Paddy and Keith P maybe deserve some recognition for their long-service.
  • Options
    I'm sure at some time a stand will be named after Curb's- but not whilst he is actively working in Football.

Cue a Len post nominating Kish. ;-)
  • Options
    Are you being Serious then Chirpy ? I apologise.

How about something after Mr Curbishley ?
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]We could name a certain North Stand food bar the "Derek Hales Burger Bar" - there's so many hairs in their food.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Hales does deserve something for being the record goal scorer, but it should be on a smaller scale and Covered End related

See DJDD? I was being serious!
  • Options
    had a conversation with another director in the pub about this. He doesn't like JSS as he's against "personalising the history of the club" which is valid view point even if a disagree.

Names should only be people who are long retired or dead or both. Sam Bartram would be obvious and Lennie but all the others are too soon or not appropriate.
  • Options
    What about the: Football Stand in the East/Football Stand in the West/North Stand/South Stand? That should prevent anyone from getting lost - although fans might need to bring a compass on match days.
  • Options
    South Stand it is then..!
  • Options
    i agree a bit on the personalising the history bit.

But i also do not think we've made the most of our history, particularly the rags to riches rise in the last 20 years.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]South Stand it is then..![/quote]

Nice one!
  • Options
    How about the 'we pay more for our season ticket than the north stand' stand. I Jest.

Perhaps the contribution of Varney and Murray should be rewarded??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2007
    How about naming some of the toilets (or other appropriate colloquialism) after past players, managers etc :-

Mullery - Konchesky - Pitcher - there are loads to choose from! Suggestions?

Apologies for lowering the tone DJDD!
  • Options
    Well we have a Supporters Director so why not call it the 'Supporters Stand' ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Perhaps the contribution of Varney and Murray should be rewarded??

Maybe for Richard Murray in future years when he isn't the Chairman anymore, but it won't happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]How about naming some of the toilets (or other appropriate colloquialism) after past players etc :-

lol nice one spor
  • Options
    it's a stand out for me - The Don Welsh Stand. Nailed on. Sort it out Henry.
  • Options
    How about the Stuart and Newton Stand - sponsored by Coke...
  • Options
    How about getting Network Rail to sponsor them and save money at the same time by calling one The North Woolwich Stand, one The Maidstone East Stand and the other The Bromley South Stand?

I'll get my coat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]How about naming some of the toilets (or other appropriate colloquialism) after past players, managers etc :-

Pitcher after the toilets definitely, always thought he was sh*t anyway
  • Options
    [quote] Pitcher after the toilets definitely, always thought he was sh*t anyway[/quote]

Bet you didn't at Blackburn in the cup! ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    But after our next game at Oxford i did. Jumped up little sh*t that he was. He was just right for Palarse

Anyway it was an own goal at Blackburn