Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Rufus is back on the payroll

with Charlton!!

Went to a meeting tonight at the Valley for info on the U9s up and coming season when Richard Rufus walks in! Later in the meeting we were told that Richard is going to be the new U10 coach! Fingers crossed Alfie is still there next season The legend himself could be coaching my son???

COYR

Comments

• Options
    That would be better than getting guitar lessons off Jimi Hendrix.
  • Options
    Didn't some clown.make up claim he had done the knowledge

Good luck to the Ruuuuuf
  • Options
    I'll bet he's doing this on a voluntary basis (knowing Richard and knowing the finances in SE7).
  • Options
    Good News

Good luck to the Ruuuuuf

Could still be working as a cabbie and coaching the U10s two or three nights a week and at the weekends. In fact it would fit together very well.
  • Options
    Good to see, it would have been a shame to see his knowledge go to waste.
  • Options

It'll definitely come in handy when they're away to another London side.
  • Options

Good luck to the Ruuuuuf

This clown did, ask him.
  • Options
    Curbs' old goalie coach was a cabbie.

:0(
  • Options
    Welcome back RR
  • Options
    Best news so far this summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute Charlton legend and possibly Jorge Costa aside, the best centre half I've ever seen at our club.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Good luck to the Ruuuuuf

This clown did, ask him.
    didn't his son deny it ?

• Options
    I think we could do with Rufus coaching our 1st team back 4 at the moment!
  • Options

Good luck to the Ruuuuuf

Presumably then he's qualified to both coach them and drive them to away matches.

• Options
    I love Rufus. My fave all time player. Would love that he is involved somewhere with us
  • Options
    Ill tell you what I should be seeing him tonight (trains on the next pitch from the U9s) ill ask him....lol
  • Options
    I ask if he done wizzan or knowledge point and is he available for call overs 8)
  • Options
    I got told by his cousin some years back that he was a preacher. I'd imagine a cabbie is better paid..
    But definitely welcome back Rufus!
  • Options

I got told by his cousin some years back that he was a preacher. I'd imagine a cabbie is better paid..

Horse & Groom ?
  • Options
    Who ever heard of a taxi driver preaching.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very good.

• Options
    why the hell would somebody who played in the premiership era earning premiership wages need to do the knowledge ? Can't get my head around it, one premiership 3 year contract should see you set up for life.
  • Options
    He blew the whole lot on Bibles and AtoZs.
  • Options

He is/was a pastor at an evangelical church.

• Options
    edited August 2013

why the hell would somebody who played in the premiership era earning premiership wages need to do the knowledge ? Can't get my head around it, one premiership 3 year contract should see you set up for life.

The money in the Premiership 10-15 years ago was MUCH different to what it is now, especially for Charlton. Probably the equivalent of what a Championship player makes, maybe less.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Horse & Groom ?
    Haha - he didn't say where!
  • Options
    Brilliant. Perhaps he'll be working with Paul Elliot to help the kids see how partnerships develop ? .....
  • Options
    Well I know Lisbie was on £8k a week, thats 1/2 million a year before tax still a lot of money and I would imagine the ruf was on more
  • Options
    Any prem footballer for that many seasons has to be a millionaire I remember robbie blake signed a contract that was worth 3.5 mil over a 3 year period

I think it was for derby or bradford that was around the time we went up I think for the second time

And he was pony

the rack mustve been on that or more surely
  • Options
    It's not about how much you earn though, it's about what you do with it. That said, I would imagine - and hope - that someone like Rufus was a bit more sensible with it then the likes of, say, Steve Claridge !