Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Murray at US

Wow great match and wasn't he good in the 4th set. This guy has got so much character it is unbelievable, I am sure much better entertainment than watching chelski

Comments

• Options
    Do you think Annabel Croft was going straight out afterwards?
  • Options
    I couldn't give a damn about tennis but was curious to see why there were so few posts about someone everyone was lording over a month or two ago.

Sad really how the media only care about Wimbledon, it's similar with golf. No doubt if Murray did claim a second in a row the 'papers would go mental claiming he should be knighted etc. Even the BBC on their site have relegated him to of less importance than Man City trouncing Hull.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I couldn't give a damn about tennis but was curious to see why there were so few posts about someone everyone was lording over a month or two ago.

Sad really how the media only care about Wimbledon, it's similar with golf. No doubt if Murray did claim a second in a row the 'papers would go mental claiming he should be knighted etc. Even the BBC on their site have relegated him to of less importance than Man City trouncing Hull.

It's only the first few rounds where the heavyweights face the tennis equivalent of San Marino, excitement will build as he (hopefully) progresses.
  • Options
    Probably because the only way you can follow games is Sky or Radio 5 live. Also you would need to stay up past bedtime.
  • Options
    Also on Eurosport which presumably more people have access to.
  • Options
    Oh dear...
  • Options
    Oh well, Wimbledon's made it a great season for Andy.
  • Options
    Scottish
  • Options
    His price for SPOTY on the exchanges has just gone mental.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I know this might sound a bit daft , but i saw him in the interview before the match and he didn't look good , wasn't convinced by his body language that he was going to do well ... and he didn't , i'm sure he'll bounce back , he's got a great coach , i never thought he would win Wimbledon , so in my book he's had a great year.

He'll want to come back stronger in the Aussie open in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair as bad as he was the other bloke was class
  • Options

To be fair as bad as he was the other bloke was class

Yes - on top of his game and Murray had no answer.

Still surprised he lost so easily...
  • Options
    He's not been convincing since he came back after his Wimbledon triumph, I think he's still in post Wimbledon euphoria mode...
  • Options

I know this might sound a bit daft , but i saw him in the interview before the match and he didn't look good , wasn't convinced by his body language that he was going to do well ... and he didn't , i'm sure he'll bounce back , he's got a great coach , i never thought he would win Wimbledon , so in my book he's had a great year.

He'll want to come back stronger in the Aussie open in January.

Thought the same when I was reading it this morning, only saw the end of the match but Wawrinka was playing brilliantly. Finally winning Wimbledon was a career goal and the highest point of his career, now needs to get refocused as he hasn't been at it since then.

• Options
    nadal is back
  • Options
    nolly said:

nadal is back

Yeah it could be his year, I don't think he's won the US before, I wonder if Federer will consider retiring yet, before he slips further down the ladder, he's had an amazing career, best player of his generation, I can't make up my mind whether I preferred him or Borg, considering Borg was playing with crappy racquets, which were all that was available at the time.

• Options
    won them all
  • Options
    A clue for you, MIA. One is an arrogant Swiss prat, the other supports the Addicks...
  • Options
    Yeah your right Weegie , its a no brainer.
  • Options
    Murray was blown away .. the other guy wanted it more on the day .. Murray'll be back