Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why shouldn't people work for Charlton unpaid?

Charlton have come in for some criticism during the week regarding asking for matchday volunteers.

People know we are short of money, people who volunteer may be very grateful of the matchday ticket as payment. If so, it works for both parties.

My question is this, surely there have been other times when people have worked unpaid at Charlton(and many other clubs no doubt), but has not been advertised.

I do not know, but when we have had fans on the board possibly they have not been paid, so is there a difference.

Comments

• Options
    There's another thread

• Options
    Charlton have come in for some criticism during the week regarding asking for matchday volunteers.

I'm not generally in favour as this represents a thin edge of the wedge - but since the volunteers are getting free a ST then they aren't strictly working for free.
  • Options
    The only reason why I did not apply for one of the positions is that I go for a drink with my brother before the match.
    If they were looking for volunteers do work during the week at Sparrows Lane which did not involve the club making a profit out of my labour I would apply.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

The only reason why I did not apply for one of the positions is that I go for a drink with my brother before the match.
    If they were looking for volunteers do work during the week at Sparrows Lane which did not involve the club making a profit out of my labour I would apply.

Well said, Vincent,

Just turn a deaf ear to the critics..

• Options
    Are Floyd and Harvey paid?
  • Options
    They get to take the suits home, payment enough.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Are Floyd and Harvey paid?

No, but they get free vet insurance as compensation.

• Options
    They're a cat and a dog for pity sake!