Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hello, good evening & goodbye. David Frost dies..

Veteran broadcaster Sir David Frost has died at the age of 74 after a suspected heart attack.

RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    only 74 ? .. he seems to have been around for ever .. the death of a legend, like or loath him .. RIP
  • Options
    Big shock, a genuine broadcasting legend, RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Absolute legend RIP
  • Options
    Odd it's a day after Keith Lemon relaunched Through the Keyhole
  • Options
    Keith, it's over to you.

RIP
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

And the day that Andrew Marr returned who has sort of taken over the Sunday morning interview role.
  • Options
    An everpresent legend during my lifetime. RIP. And this week the world lost a really great man in Seamus Heaney who is utterly irreplaceable. RIP too to one of the most fantastic poets of the last 75 years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    RIP

He was a football fan I think he was originally a Gills supporter although in later life he developed an affinity with Southampton.
  • Options
    Had SCP on his Sunday show of course, after he'd won his first cap...
  • Options
    Broadcasting legend and pioneer. RIP
  • Options

Had SCP on his Sunday show of course, after he'd won his first cap...

Did he? I wonder if that can be viewed anywhere. Will have a search tomorrow.

RIP.

• Options
    Richard J said:

RIP

He was a football fan I think he was originally a Gills supporter although in later life he developed an affinity with Southampton.

Norwich City supporter

• Options
    Are any of the TW3 crowd still around ? Millicent Martin perhaps? A great programme and ground-breaking television. RIP Sir David.
  • Options
    March51 said:

Are any of the TW3 crowd still around ? Millicent Martin perhaps? A great programme and ground-breaking television. RIP Sir David.

Lance Percival is sill about, lives in Kent I think. Many of the writers are still alive.
  • Options
    what a shame...and relatively young nowadays....it was Sir David that got Nixon to own up about Watergate if my memory serves me correctly....RIP sir
  • Options
    Sad news.

My uncle was high up at Pathe News and was responsible for bringing out the "a year to remember" series, he worked quite closely with David Frost during this time. Got a lovely picture if em both presenting Lady Thatcher with the video for her year somewhere, will have to dig it out!

RIP Sir David
  • Options
    Blimey was just watching the Nixon Frost film.

Another impression bites the dust.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. Remember watching those live TV shows on Saturday evenings as a kid. Millicent Martin, Julie Felix, Johnathan Miller, Pete and Dud. When television was still worth watching. Great days.
  • Options
    Another part of my youth gone.

I'm amazed he was only 74.
  • Options
    That is sad. Great broadcaster.
  • Options

Very sad. Remember watching those live TV shows on Saturday evenings as a kid. Millicent Martin, Julie Felix, Johnathan Miller, Pete and Dud. When television was still worth watching. Great days.

Very true @mistrollingin....is Millie Martin also gone? Both Pete and Dub are
  • Options
    Legend RIP David
  • Options

is Millie Martin also gone? Both Pete and Dub are

She is indeed, think she has been states side for a number of years
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Probably the catalyst. Did you see it!

RIP by the way.

• Options

is Millie Martin also gone? Both Pete and Dub are

She is indeed, think she has been states side for a number of years
    Still alive but living in the USA as you mention according to Wiki.
  • Options
    Yes, he was a living legend. Now dead. RIP