Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liverpool v Manchester United/Arsenal v Spurs (Spoilers)

For those who retain an interest in the Premier, Liverpool won this one 1-0 and looked very sharp. Rodgers has got them working and buzzing.
United looked a little shop worn and toothless. It is refreshing to see that another club, Liverpool, could be breaking through once more to the top echelon of what has become a rather predictable division.
It'll be interesting a bit later on, to see how the new money bags club, Tottenham, does against the skinflint misers .. a k a Arsenal

Comments

• It is refreshing to see that another club, Liverpool, could be breaking through once more to the top echelon of what has become a rather predictable division.

You are joking right?

Liverpool are one of the establishment clubs in the PL - I'd rather see Swansea or just about any other team than another of the elite dominating proceedings again.
  • I really think that Ferguson not being around has given Liverpool a psychological advantage.
  • No, I am not joking .. Liverpool are an 'establishment club' but they have not been a real threat to United, Chelsea, the new Rich Kids Manchester City or Arsenal for years , Liverpool has not won the English title for over thirty (go on count 'em) years, hence my use of the phrase 'top echelon'. I too would like to see a much more competitive Premier league, but we have what we have at the moment. The last time Swansea was a threat was the era when the club was a retirement home for ex Liverpool players
  • I really think that Ferguson not being around has given Liverpool a psychological advantage.

agreed, the m o b had the voodoo/hex sign over most of the other managers .. however, I think he went at the right time
  • Tottenham @ 3/1 for me.
  • It's interesting that Jenkinson is playing with Sagna on the bench...
  • @henrywinter: I don't care how many sponsors #lfc have in directors' box at Anfield. Roy Hodgson should be in there and not in scouts' area #clubvcountry
  • edited September 2013
    @henrywinter: Even if Hodgson's #lfc spell didn't work out, he's #eng manager. Clubs usually treat #eng manager with more respect. He's livid
  • @henrywinter: Hodgson not invited into chairman's suite at Anfield either. #eng manager shown to small scouts' room. Unprecedented. He may leave at h-t
  • It's interesting that Jenkinson is playing with Sagna on the bench...

it was said during the preamble that Sagna 'took a knock in midweek' and was not risked from the off ..
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with Lincs on this one. Now I have taken my tablets ;0)
  • I agree with Lincs on this one. Now I have taken my tablets ;0)

awww shucks SHGuru .. I'm glad the medication is hitting the spot .. enjoy the season (and our little disagreements from time to time) .. good goal from Arsenal b t w

• to say that Spurs miss Bale is an under under understatement
  • Too many new players at spurs
  • What happened to Wilshere?
  • Stomach cramps for wilshere they just said
  • Dizzle said:

What happened to Wilshere?

injured yet again .. the boy is in for a stop start career I fear .. and Spurs? .. far too many signings .. I would rather have Bale than any 6 of the players AVB has spent a fortune on .. BUT, Bale wanted away, what is the club to do ?
  • Roma v Verona for me. All Roma so far.
  • Stomach cramps for wilshere they just said

I missed that .. if the legs are not a problem, the tummy is
  • RedPanda said:

Roma v Verona for me. All Roma so far.

are the Two Gentlemen playing?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Roma v Verona for me. All Roma so far.

are the Two Gentlemen playing?
    Only the one, Luca Toni has instead kept his place.
  • £100m 0-1 Arsenal
  • No, I am not joking .. Liverpool are an 'establishment club' but they have not been a real threat to United, Chelsea, the new Rich Kids Manchester City or Arsenal for years , Liverpool has not won the English title for over thirty (go on count 'em) years, hence my use of the phrase 'top echelon'. I too would like to see a much more competitive Premier league, but we have what we have at the moment. The last time Swansea was a threat was the era when the club was a retirement home for ex Liverpool players

Get your facts right..
  • Too many new players at spurs

Yes - they need time to settle.

Same with Man U and Moyes.

I think Liverpool will be up near the top 4 and Arsenal always beat Spurs at home...

Liverpool last one the top tier title in 89/90 which is quite a bit short of 30 years. They have also won numerous fa cups and league cups, a champions league and a
    UEFA cup since then. They haven't finished below 8th since 1962-3. If we are really to consider that liverpool are finally breaking into the top echelon after years in the wilderness then football has been dead as a competitive sport for a long long time.
  • johnny73 said:

No, I am not joking .. Liverpool are an 'establishment club' but they have not been a real threat to United, Chelsea, the new Rich Kids Manchester City or Arsenal for years , Liverpool has not won the English title for over thirty (go on count 'em) years, hence my use of the phrase 'top echelon'. I too would like to see a much more competitive Premier league, but we have what we have at the moment. The last time Swansea was a threat was the era when the club was a retirement home for ex Liverpool players

Liverpool last one the top tier title in 89/90 which is quite a bit short of 30 years. They have also won numerous fa cups and league cups, a champions league and a
    UEFA cup since then. They haven't finished below 8th since 1962-3. If we are really to consider that liverpool are finally breaking into the top echelon after years in the wilderness then football has been dead as a competitive sport for a long long time.

players

Get your facts right..
    red face for me .. errrr over 20 years (go on count 'em) .. I blame a slip of the finger