Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Premiership this season

2»

Comments

• Options
    the Liverpool Man U game was being described as a "Real Football Match".

what the f@ck doe's that mean?! the rest of the teams in the country been playing with fake football implants?!
  • Options
    It does make me wonder if reaching the Premier League really is as exciting as some make out.

There is a very low ceiling for most Championship clubs that make it. They could stay there 10, 20 + years and not get a sniff of anything above 6th place. The only way is down.

Yes it has all the financial rewards going, but the novelty of supporting a 'secure' club soon drifts when there is sod all left to achieve on the pitch.

Once you pull that 9/10 sort down The Venue, you quickly realize that it never really was a 9/10 afterall.
  • Options
    The series of half time 0-0's was very dull.

I wish mourinho never returned they are certain to win the league in my opinion because no one will score against them....or find it too hard ie Monday night.

Boring
  • Options
    Lets not pretend we wouldnt wanna be there though.
  • Options

exactly

• Options
    There could be à million goals in the championship and the premier would still get 95% of the attention.
  • Options

You say that, but I know two Palace fans (sorry) very well and on the opening day of the Championship season one said he was gutted (yes, gutted) that they weren't playing in the Champ this year.

The other one frequently said (and still does) that there's "no point in half the teams in the Prem being there. All they strive for is survival year in year out".

And we know how boring that got after a while. I can see both sides.
  • Options

You say that, but I know two Palace fans (sorry) very well and on the opening day of the Championship season one said he was gutted (yes, gutted) that they weren't playing in the Champ this year.

The other one frequently said (and still does) that there's "no point in half the teams in the Prem being there. All they strive for is survival year in year out".

And we know how boring that got after a while. I can see both sides.
    I wanna see us pick up points and the Champ is a good league to watch football in, but you can't beat watching the Addicks at places like Old Trafford and Anfield. I also wanna see the best players, international players, wearing the Charlton kit, while players like RVP or Aguero come to the Valley. I think we now look at the Prem as boring cos it's been so long since we've been in it. Don't get me wrong this is the most ive liked a Charlton team for ages, but I miss the quality of Darren Bent,Paolo Di Canio, Claus Jensen. It won't be long till ur palace mate is loving Mariappa and Campana and the Championship days are well forgotten (till next season :) !!)