Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Jacobs

Has died

Juke Box Jury, Come Dancing et al

RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Blimey, one of the true Radio Greats. RIP
  • Options
    Bloody hell Sir David Frost and now David Jacobs...still had a show on Radio 2....sad times...original Juke Box jury was excellent........RIP sir
  • Options
    I'll get in here before Brendan O'Connell - RIP.
  • Options
    He'll be a "miss".
  • Options
    Bringing back memories of Saturday evenings on the Beeb

Sleep tight, DJ
  • Options
    Hit or Miss? I think I'll opt for a miss....another icon from my childhood passes away. RIP
  • Options
    RIP, radio icon. Good innings though.
  • Options
    RIP Mr Jacobs. A real blast from the past.
  • Options
    If you're very old you may remember him in radio serials such as 'Lost In Space' where he played two or three different characters. His was the echoing voice at the start of the programme which they achieved by having him speak across the top of an empty bottle. Always calm and unruffled, a BBC Great. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Celeb deaths always in 3s.. Frost. Jacobs... Bet brucie is shitting it...
  • Options
    I had the pleasure of working with him when he compered our Sales Conference in the seventies. A true gentleman, RIP old friend.
  • Options
    March51 said:

If you're very old you may remember him in radio serials such as 'Lost In Space' where he played two or three different characters. His was the echoing voice at the start of the programme which they achieved by having him speak across the top of an empty bottle. Always calm and unruffled, a BBC Great. RIP

lost in space reappears from time to time on R4Extra .. mind you it sounds VERY dated and of its time
  • Options

Sleep tight, DJ

agree. did he do thank your lucky stars?

• Options

March51 said:

lost in space reappears from time to time on R4Extra .. mind you it sounds VERY dated and of its time
    I think it's called.....Journey into Space.......the best thing on radio when I was about ten.....Alfie Bass, Andrew Foulds (who became an M.P)....
  • Options
    edited September 2013

March51 said:

I think it's called.....Journey into Space.......the best thing on radio when I was about ten.....Alfie Bass, Andrew Foulds (who became an M.P)....
    you're right .. and in this pic of 'the cast', it looks like David Jacobs is second from the right .. I remember Faulds as having a 'James Robertson Justice' beard and Bass as the private in 'Bootsie & Snudge'image
  • Options

March51 said:

Yes, sorry, Journey not Lost :old timers moment there. (2nd one today!) BTW, Derek Guyler also appeared in it on a regular basis,

• Options
    March51 said:

March51 said:

Yes, sorry, Journey not Lost :old timers moment there. (2nd one today!) BTW, Derek Guyler also appeared in it on a regular basis,

Derek Guyler as in 'The Man from the Ministry'. He was also a school caretaker in a TV series - what was that called?

• Options

March51 said:

March51 said:

Derek Guyler as in 'The Man from the Ministry'. He was also a school caretaker in a TV series - what was that called?

Please Sir!
  • Options

Sleep tight, DJ

agree. did he do thank your lucky stars?

That was Brian Matthews.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

March51 said:

you're right .. and in this pic of 'the cast', it looks like David Jacobs is second from the right .. I remember Faulds as having a 'James Robertson Justice' beard and Bass as the private in 'Bootsie & Snudge'image
    I honestly can't make out David Jacobs in that pic. One of them resembles David Kossof, but I can't be certain.
  • Options
    Hubby 100% that it's David Kossof.
  • Options
    Derek Guyler played Potter whose catch phrase was 'I were a rat y'knw' referring to his time in the desert. He was also Corky the police constable in 'Sykes': he was also an accomplished player of the washboard, and played in '50s skiffle groups.

• Options

March51 said:

I honestly can't make out David Jacobs in that pic. One of them resembles David Kossof, but I can't be certain.
    That's what I thought, not making out a resemblance to David Jacobs. The fellow on the far right looks a bit like Lionel Blair, and second from the left like a taller version of Lucian Freud. Who are they?

• Options

Hubby 100% that it's David Kossof.

Kossof is on the far left I think, Faulds, sans beard is next to him? .. is it?
  • Options

March51 said:

That's what I thought, not making out a resemblance to David Jacobs. The fellow on the far right looks a bit like Lionel Blair, and second from the left like a taller version of Lucian Freud. Who are they?

Apart from David Kossof, I haven't a clue. Definitely not Rotherham United, though!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    here's Jacobs in his spaceman outfitimage
  • Options
    so young n 'ansome !!!
  • Options

here's Jacobs in his spaceman outfitimage

No doubting that's him!
  • Options
    Must be honest until quite recently I did not know he was still alive. Very distinctive voice on the radio when I was a kid, seemed like an elder statesman even then. Funny things you think when you are a kid I also thought he was responsible for Jacobs Cream Crackers!
    RIP