Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holloway signs too many players

Stephen Dobbie and Florian Marange signed for Palace in the summer but have been left out their 25 man squad. Marange only signed 2/3 weeks ago.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/palace/10654284._/

Owen Garvan's not happy either...

http://www.thescore.ie/garvan-tweet-hot-water-holloway-palace-1069276-Sep2013/

Comments

• Options
    Dobbie on loan would be a pretty good signing.
  • Options
    Garvan aint a bad player
  • Options
    Would take either.
  • Options
    Judging by that tweet things could be about to implode?
  • Options
    Shocking squad, surprised Dobbie has been left out.
  • Options
    Panicked after the poor start. How they can have players like Garvan and Dobbie outside of the 25 is beyond me. Whats the point in paying their wages? I thought Palace were doing it on the cheap and the sensible way?
  • Options
    Blimey, what a mess. Signing players then not even putting them in the squad, followed by open rebellion in the ranks!

Top entertainment.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Am i the only one who doesn't see the problem here? They'll just loan out the players not in the 25.

Not surprised that Wilbraham didn't make it though, he is fecking useless. He was poor in league one.
  • Options
    Just a ruthless streak from Holloway which is probably needed
  • Options
    Holloway did the same at Blackpool I recall. Thus why he got fined for fielding a "weak 11" from players that were left out of his 25 in jan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I've not been impressed with Holloway's dealings during the summer. When he took Blackpool up he kept the same squad together, with a few signings, giving the players who earned promotion a chance.
    At Palace he seems to have been signing players left right and centre, giving people 2 and 3 year contracts in July/August then not wanting them in September. Rather than buying quality he's bought quantity.

They will have to loan some of these players out, but I can't imagine that the loaning club will pay much of their wages!
  • Options
    WSS said:

Not really ruthless when he signed them this summer and has now left them out, smacks of desperation and a manager out of his depth
  • Options

Holloway did the same at Blackpool I recall. Thus why he got fined for fielding a "weak 11" from players that were left out of his 25 in jan

No, at Blackpool he was much more restrained. The fine was a joke as all of the players were in his 25

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

WSS said:

Not really ruthless when he signed them this summer and has now left them out, smacks of desperation and a manager out of his depth
    THIS.

And people ask why we laugh at them when we're in the mess we're in?
  • Options
    Just think they know they are likely to drop and are spending with that in mind. Good championship side they will have.

Not knocking it as they will be very strong next year if they don't overspend which seems the case.

And with the likes of Sunderland, stoke and newcastle looking shakey they could still stay up.
  • Options

Just think they know they are likely to drop and are spending with that in mind. Good championship side they will have.

Not knocking it as they will be very strong next year if they don't overspend which seems the case.

And with the likes of Sunderland, stoke and newcastle looking shakey they could still stay up.

I'm not sure buying so many players is the best way of creating a good 2014/15 championship squad. I can't imagine team spirit at the club is anywhere near as good as it was a few months ago
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Holloway is following the Pardew formula of buying so many players in the hope that some will come off.

The only time I have seen such a mass change around work out well was when SCP did it in L1 two years ago.However,the likes of Wiggins,Green,Hughes,Taylor,Hollands and Stephens were top players at the level we were competing in.None of the Palace signings are established top prem players.

I agree with Henry that this looks to be a good CCC squad not one designed to stay in the Prem although stranger things have happened especially as others have said with so many 'established'Premiership clubs looking quite weak.

In terms of us Owen Garvan would be a great signing.He is exactly the type of creative player we need.Palace's downturn in form coincided with the Irishman's injuries last season.Likewise their late season surge was assisted by his return.

I'm amazed he didn't make the 25.His tweet looks ominous for Holloway if the Eagles struggle this season.How can he sign someone 3 weeks ago and then not include him in the squad?
  • Options

Stoke have won 2 out of 3 so far and would've got a draw in the other if Walters had scored his pen
  • Options
    How on earth has Paddy McCarthy made it to the Premier League.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

WSS said:

THIS.

And people ask why we laugh at them when we're in the mess we're in?
    i'd much prefer to swap situations at present
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

How on earth has Paddy McCarthy made it to the Premier League.

beyond unbelievable ...
  • Options
    2006/7 the last time we finished above them geeks and that was when we finished 2nd bottom of the prem

could be years before we finish above them again ........ shameful

repeat forever
    at least it's not milwall
  • Options

But why sign a senior player mid August and then not include him in the squad? A 27 year old from Bordeaux will at least be on a few thousand a week.

Or Dobbie, signs a 2 year deal and then gets left out. You don't sign extra players in case you get relegated.

They now can't be added to the squad until January.
  • Options
    Garvan would be a decent loan signing.
  • Options
    Hasn't Holloway got a bit of previous with Dobbie? He brings him in, gets promoted then bins him.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

But why sign a senior player mid August and then not include him in the squad? A 27 year old from Bordeaux will at least be on a few thousand a week.

Or Dobbie, signs a 2 year deal and then gets left out. You don't sign extra players in case you get relegated.

They now can't be added to the squad until January.
    Agree, Holloway isn't my favourite manager and perhaps he was like a kid in a sweet shop as the window closed. Still think some of us are trying too hard to find things to laugh at Palace about when right now we should be keeping our heads down and worrying about our own problems.

Stoke have won 2 out of 3 so far and would've got a draw in the other if Walters had scored his pen
    My mistake. Hull then. Palace could still make history and survive for more than a season in the Premiership though. I hope not but it is possible.
  • Options
    bet another couple are relieved the Bentner and Johnson deals collapsed.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

"Agree, Holloway isn't my favourite manager and perhaps he was like a kid in a sweet shop as the window closed. Still think some of us are trying too hard to find things to laugh at Palace about when right now we should be keeping our heads down and worrying about our own problems."

Why? Doesn't really matter how good or bad Palace are doing, they are still considered Charlton's main rival amongst the majority of our support (Yes, more so than Millwall).

Its only natural fans will want to laugh at them and slag them off when necessary. That is what football fans generally do. Anything that works against those Surrey, ultra, banner waving, cringeworthy Nigels needs to be highlighted and highlighted bloody well!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

"Agree, Holloway isn't my favourite manager and perhaps he was like a kid in a sweet shop as the window closed. Still think some of us are trying too hard to find things to laugh at Palace about when right now we should be keeping our heads down and worrying about our own problems."

Why? Doesn't really matter how good or bad Palace are doing, they are still considered Charlton's main rival amongst the majority of our support (Yes, more so than Millwall).

Its only natural fans will want to laugh at them and slag them off when necessary. That is what football fans generally do. Anything that works against those Surrey, ultra, banner waving, cringeworthy Nigels needs to be highlighted and highlighted bloody well!

Can of worms ready to be opened.

But Millwall are our traditional rivals and always will be.
  • Options
    Amongst the majority of our support? Really?