Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Ebbsfleet become the next Man City?

H&J will be asking the question, along with the answer hopefully on TalkSport shortly.

Comments

• Options
    Errr, no.
  • Options
    This can't be a serious question surely?
  • Options
    QTWTAIN
  • Options

why can't it? They've got the money and will be taking fans away from us if/when they move up the league.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

why can't it? They've got the money and will be taking fans away from us if/when they move up the league.
    They're not proper fans then.

Having given the question a lot of though I have come to the following conclusive, no.
  • Options
  • Options
    These international weekends mean TalkSport have to really scrape the barrel for stories.
  • Options

These international weekends mean TalkSport have to really scrape the barrel for stories.

I like all the non league stories!!

• Options
    Who was the last non league club to climb to the premiership?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Wimbledon?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Palace
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Wigan Ath

• Options
    swansea
  • Options
    Yeah it was Wigan. But so many of those teams have money now (e.g. Forest Green), it'll be a while before they start competing and with FFP coming in, we don't yet quite know how it's going to affect these teams with money.
  • Options
    I'm still praying that football wakes up from this money-go-round nightmare and Manchester City become the next Ebbsfleet............................
  • Options

I'm still praying that football wakes up from this money-go-round nightmare and Manchester City become the next Ebbsfleet............................

we can only hope
  • Options

Yeah it was Wigan. But so many of those teams have money now (e.g. Forest Green), it'll be a while before they start competing and with FFP coming in, we don't yet quite know how it's going to affect these teams with money.

How come Forest green have money - and we haven't?

• Options
    Some were saying the same of the likes of Crawley and Fleetwood as they came out of the Conference.

Naturally though, they have found their level in League 1/2 territory. In this day and age you do need more than just money to reach the top of the English game. Some will point out Chelsea and Manchester City, but they were already 'top drawer' clubs in comparison to 95% of the rest of the footballing hierarchy.
  • Options
    Boston United .. remember them,!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No because no one cares about Gravesend o sorry ebbsfleet as they sold out there name.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet is a dry run to see if varney's pitch to KEH on how to run a football club successfully and cheaply is correct. If it is, they'll launch a bid on CAFC.

This is direct from my sauce of ketchup although my reggae reggae BBQ sauce is saying its another Kuwaiti group interested in us. Might have to make another trip to the fridge to confirm more info.
  • Options

Ebbsfleet is a dry run to see if varney's pitch to KEH on how to run a football club successfully and cheaply is correct. If it is, they'll launch a bid on CAFC.

This is direct from my sauce of ketchup although my reggae reggae BBQ sauce is saying its another Kuwaiti group interested in us. Might have to make another trip to the fridge to confirm more info.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Pete is back at some stage in the future...no source whatsoever though! :)
  • Options
    They will pull the money when they're bored of it
  • Options
    No because it would cost far too much money, look how much City have spent and they were in the premier! Ebbsfleet would need a new stadium and absloute millions to climb through the divisions and match City. Would be much cheaper to buy Charlton build a new stadium in greenwich and turn the Valley into a theme park.
  • Options
    Some people like the idea of taking a non league team up the leagues. Ifi came into money I'd rather do that than by an established league team, regardless of what profit I make.
  • Options

Some people like the idea of taking a non league team up the leagues. Ifi came into money I'd rather do that than by an established league team, regardless of what profit I make.

Not sure why it would matter. In either case you would be "buying success"

• Options

J BLOCK said:

They're not proper fans then.

Having given the question a lot of though I have come to the following conclusive, no.
    Thinking more on the lines of the younger generation growing up supporting them and not us
  • Options