Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last night of the proms

2»

Comments

• Options
    I didnt post it though Henry it was ValiantPhil thanks for reading though you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Why can't people just enjoy things? I've been watching LNOTP for over 40 years, from being forced to watch by my Dad to forcing my kids to watch when they were young.
    We all now watch it and enjoy it of our own accord. I cannot see how is has changed much at all in that time.

Spot on
  • Options
    Was a great idea to do outside broadcasts . Hyde Park always looks great.
  • Options

They keep promising it's the last night, but then they do it again the following year. It's like David Bowie, who has a final tour every bloody year. ;-)

I went to the cinema to see "Never Ending Story" and it was only 90 minutes long.
    Then they brought out "Never Ending Story 2" and that was about the same length.

:)
    Yeah, same with Final destination, then they brought out a million sequels. What's that all about?

Anyway, back to the proms...........................
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Dansk_Red said:

Why was there no pictures from Belfast during God Save The Queen? BBC trying to be PC?

They looked so miserable compared to inside the Albert Hall and Hyde Park when they did cut to them during other songs.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket several years ago. I also went to the first two Hyde Park shows.

If it is still the same, Hyde Park's a little more lowbrow with more popular stuff being played in the first half, as opposed to the serious classical music taking place inside the Albert Hall. The second half is what's shared and what we all recognise as the Last Night of the Proms.

I'd recommend it to anyone. May even download it and watch it later in the week.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the HMS Trinidad march.