Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Lloyds-TSB split moan thread

My wife and I have a joint account with Lloyds, and she has an account from previously, so you can guess what's happened.. they will bring her back apparently though if she goes into the branch.

Comments

• Options
    Dont you do all your banking on line? So it's called something different!!! Embrace the positives :) ... and dont take a FENCE
  • Options
    yup now she has to have two logons, one to spy on my account and the other for her stuff...
  • Options
    This hasn't affected me (yet) as I have been with Lloyds for about 25 years.
  • Options
    I'm with Natwest so haven't been affected.
  • Options
    Well she has two logons .. you dont .. STOP MOANING
  • Options
    Its called a moan thread...
  • Options
    My branch (South Bank) actually closed with all accounts being moved to Ludgate Hill. I'm ex-staff (wife still staff) so expressed my desire to stay with Lloyds rather than TSB, so I had to open new accounts with branch on The Strand.
    My internet log-on has changed, so I have a new number to remember anyway!
    Experienced a few issues in transferring the balances etc.
  • Options
    Always been Lloyds as far as I am concerned. Set my account up in 1978 - still got the same one!
  • Options
    It was just certain branches wasn't it ? I am sure people were given an option to move when they found out their branch became the Trustee Savings Bank (was that it ?)

Increased competition on the banking "high street" is probably a good thing.

People on this site have recently moaned about Charlton's new designated charity partner and Firemen having other jobs so moaning about this is easy !
  • Options
    It's all the EU's fault. Len .......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you don't want to move ring up and complain and you will get retained. They don't have an opt out facility unless you complain.
  • Options
    Surely there are more important things to worry about than the name of your bank? I bank on line, I haven't written a cheque nor been in a branch for years. Pay your bills by Direct Debit and do everything else via Internet banking. Use your debit card to pay for things and you can get enough cash anytime, anywhere.
  • Options
    found not only did they move the missus account leaving our joint account, but also left her savings account, total shambles..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Zzzz
  • Options
    Just set up an account with a different bank easy peasey - always has been. (Unless you're running an overdraft I suppose.) I've always steered well clear of having savings and loans with the same organisation so that they can't use the set off clause in the T&Cs.
    I think this new "quick transfer in 7 days" to a new bank thing is a bit weird. I've always moved from bank to bank as the mood and their service levels took me. I just kept my old banking arrangement going in parallel until I had all the stuff sorted out with the new bank. The one exception was Midland Bank (remember them?) who pissed me of so much that I left around 20p in my current account. Whenever they threatened to close it as it was dormant, I just transferred £20 in and took it out again straight away. Childish, I know, but it gave me the satisfaction of knowing it was costing them money to keep the account going.
  • Options
    Where do you work greenie - I work there too and was heavily involved in the verde project!
  • Options

Where do you work greenie - I work there too and was heavily involved in the verde project!

Can't say mate deleted to protect the innocent! ;o)
  • Options
    Fair enough matey