Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England - Lets Get The Excuses In Early

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2013

Id love it if we win tonight just to annoy Martin Samuel in the Mail.

He is itching for us to lose and Lambert to have a stinker just so it backs up his support of Harry Redknapp.

The dig at Chris Powell in his article today was also unnecessary.

I think it will be 1-1 personally which is a good result.

What did he say about CP, Tim?

Ukraine are a good side, very technical, high-tempo, quick-thinking. The very useful ball over the top that Lambert fed Danny Welbeck for England’s third goal on Friday would, in all likelihood, be smothered this time out. Lambert’s movement and reading of the game will be tested like never before at international level.

He is not the fastest, we know that. Can he compensate?

And if he can and this remarkable story continues, why, until now, has his talent not been spotted? Either the best judges in the country have missed a trick, or Lambert is Hodgson’s equivalent of Chris Powell.

• Options
    I'm from Southampton and have got caught up massively in the Lambert rise....I really hope he proves a lot of people wrong tonight and shows he can match up to the better quality opposition as he is capable of doing! People like martin samuel just need to whinge and moan about something...31 and taking his chance by the horns good luck to him!
  • Options
    There is a real movement of journos digging out Lambert people like Martin Samuel used to have my respect now I listen to him a read his views and he is growing an ego in his writing as big as his gut the bloke along with others feels untouchable and is constantly arse licked

I think it is refreshing having Lambert in, he actually wants to be there, the luke warm response to his 2 assists and a goal against Moldova was out of order,
  • Options
    Ukraine are actually playing really well under this new manager. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world but I'd expect to scrape a win
  • Options
    Ukraine 1 0 England (Lampard OG)

we didn't expect them to be that good, they were too technical for us, the grass was too short, it was/wasn't raining, the referee was a wanker, my legs were hurting, Hodgson hasn't got a scooby, the pies were rank...
  • Options

There is a real movement of journos digging out Lambert people like Martin Samuel used to have my respect now I listen to him a read his views and he is growing an ego in his writing as big as his gut the bloke along with others feels untouchable and is constantly arse licked

I think it is refreshing having Lambert in, he actually wants to be there, the luke warm response to his 2 assists and a goal against Moldova was out of order,

Martin Samuel is GROWING an ego!!!?? The fella has been a numpty for years.

• Options

I blame Rooney's gash....

yep. I blame her too!!
  • Options

I blame Rooney's gash....

yep. I blame her too!!
    banter
  • Options
    cafctom said:

When you combine BOTH club football and international football, Danny Welbeck has only scored 29 career goals. Yet he always seems to start when he is available. If that doesn't tell you that playing for Man United gives you an enormous advantage of getting into the England squad, regardless of ability or form, then I don't know what does.

That works the other way though. You could argue that if he's getting in the United team on a regular basis then surely he's good enough for England.

• Options
    If Welbeck does not deserve to be in that squad and team then I am a monkey's uncle. Who else is better all you critics on here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want Lambert to do well , i just hope if things don't go to plan tonight he becomes the scapegoat of the press , never to be seen in an England shirt again , imo he's a much better option than Andy Carroll , who i never want to see pull on an England shirt again, overated flop.

• Options
    he has always had one sparrows but now he is growing one as big as his gut
  • Options
    England are gonna win this 2-1 .. Lambert and Lampard
  • Options
    Danny Mills just put Frank Lampards 100th cap into perspective- "100 caps averages out at 10 internationals over ten years....."

Great insight Danny, cheers.
  • Options
    Its actually 100 caps over 14 years but I think that may be too much for Dannys brain to work out.
  • Options

If Welbeck does not deserve to be in that squad and team then I am a monkey's uncle. Who else is better all you critics on here?

I think Welbeck is dreadful but he would have probably turned in a better performance than Walcott or Young tonight.
  • Options
    Would rather we gave Agbonlahor a go, think he offers much more than Welbeck
  • Options
    The press will blame the manager, other clubs' managers, the Premiership and foreign players.

Anything but the team itself...
  • Options
    Excuses aren't needed. What is needed is for the Media, and some England supporters, to realise that England is a very ordinary team in terms of the World's hierarchy. Once this is done everyone can base their expectations on reality. For instance, Ukraine play much, much better football than England and are probably a brighter prospect going forward. That makes tonight's draw........away!.........a fantastic result and one to be celebrated. With this current England team, and the way they play the game, qualifying for the WC on it's own is HUGE. Anything after that is a bonus.
  • Options
    Poland & Montenegro left to play at home next month , drew 1-1 away to both of these teams , those of you who like a flutter surely Rooney's , going to score in one of these games if fit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately most "football fans" in this country support the sky four clubs and have spent their entire lives supporting a football team that wins everything with the best players in the world at their disposal. The fact is that England are an average international side. It's important we become hard to beat and lay the foundations for the future as more technical players come along.
  • Options
    Can't wait for Samuels report

Whatever your opinion on the mail there is no way he should be so opinionated on England

Great result
  • Options
    Was anyone following the BBC live text? The amount of people who text in and completely bash everything and anything England do is ridiculous. I don't understand why people don't give England the same kind of support that they would their own club team, for me Charlton obviously come first but I'll always back my country and get behind them when things aren't going well. This country in general seems to love to criticise the national team and I wonder if it's like that in other country's!
  • Options

Unfortunately most "football fans" in this country support the sky four clubs and have spent their entire lives supporting a football team that wins everything with the best players in the world at their disposal. The fact is that England are an average international side. It's important we become hard to beat and lay the foundations for the future as more technical players come along.

I really don't think "most" people in this country who affiliate themselves with a team support one of four clubs.
  • Options
    who are the sky four ???
  • Options

who are the sky four ???

I assume United, City, Arsenal and Chelsea ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

who are the sky four ???

I assume United, City, Arsenal and Chelsea ?
    exactly................... Liverpool , Spurs, Everton and Newcastle all have massive suport
  • Options

who are the sky four ???

And who did the four belong to between 66 and the start of the prem era when our qualification record read 6 out of 11 tournaments (not including 1970 as holders), as opposed to the "sky" era of 8 out of 10 tournaments (not including 96 as hosts).
  • Options

who are the sky four ???

And who did the four belong to between 66 and the start of the prem era when our qualification record read 6 out of 11 tournaments (not including 1970 as holders), as opposed to the "sky" era of 8 out of 10 tournaments (not including 96 as hosts).
    yeah but there wasn't enough foreigners in the earlier years to help improve our football
  • Options

Martin Samuel is GROWING an ego!!!?? The fella has been a numpty for years.

I think Lambert has done really well, I cant recall when a player has had such an immediate impact.