Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Request for help from a life long Kettering Town supporter

and bloody nice bloke, even if he's a salesman :-) after having a meeting today with Danny and as usual discussing our love of non league football (Dartford for me and Kettering for Danny). He asked if I would put this appeal on a Charlton web site, so if the moderators don't mind and knowing there's a ongoing discussion on this site re the problems Kettering are facing, then I would like to place this appeal here

Hi Kerry

We are trying to get as this on as many sites as we can.
Could you perhaps put this on the Charlton Supporters Forum and ask if anyone alse can add it to any other forums they know.
We do have history, we played you in the FA Cup at the Selhurst Park on the 28th January 1989 (and we lost 2-1)

Dear fellow supporters

I am writing this on behalf of my local Football team – Kettering Town FC.

You may have heard of our plight on TV / Radio / The Press etc.

We are close to being wound up after 141 years of history. What is our history? Well, amongst many things, we are a club who have pushed boundaries, introduced great Managers to the league, have had probably the most amazing transfer deal you have ever heard of and have scored more goals in the history of the FA cup than any other club.

We were the club that introduced shirt sponsorship. We introduced the likes of Big Ron into management (sorry about Big Brother on that one) and the transfer deal? We once swapped a player for our lawnmower.

We are trying to raise around £70,000-0 in a matter of weeks. As well as the supporters bringing in some cash to save the club. With everyone concerned - management, owners, supporters etc - we're up to £50k.

We have opened a page on the just giving web site to raise a further £20,000-00 before our hearing on the 7th October.

If you can give a little to help fellow Football Supporters please log onto

https://www.justgiving.com/local/project/savekettering/

and give anything you can.

20,000 people giving a £1 is worth as much as 20 people giving £1000. Don’t let Football in our community die out.

If any of you are on other forums please pass this onto their site to.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thanks even more if you can help in any way.

Danny - AKA Toxteth O'Grady - lifetime supporter of the Poppies

Thanks in advance:

Hopefully some of you may be able to help out.

Regards
Kerry.

Comments

• Options
    Toxteth O'grady. Point to anyone who can remember where that name came from.
  • Options

U.S.A. ...... Worlds stickiest bogey.......
  • Options

And the worlds stupidest bottom burp?
  • Options

And the worlds stupidest bottom burp?
    Rick, Britain
  • Options
    Lol.
    Is it now time to stick loads and loads of paper down the toilet?
  • Options

and bloody nice bloke, even if he's a salesman :-) after having a meeting today with Danny and as usual discussing our love of non league football (Dartford for me and Kettering for Danny). He asked if I would put this appeal on a Charlton web site, so if the moderators don't mind and knowing there's a ongoing discussion on this site re the problems Kettering are facing, then I would like to place this appeal here

Hi Kerry

We are trying to get as this on as many sites as we can.
    Could you perhaps put this on the Charlton Supporters Forum and ask if anyone alse can add it to any other forums they know.
    We do have history, we played you in the FA Cup at the Selhurst Park on the 28th January 1989 (and we lost 2-1)

Dear fellow supporters

I am writing this on behalf of my local Football team – Kettering Town FC.

You may have heard of our plight on TV / Radio / The Press etc.

We are close to being wound up after 141 years of history. What is our history? Well, amongst many things, we are a club who have pushed boundaries, introduced great Managers to the league, have had probably the most amazing transfer deal you have ever heard of and have scored more goals in the history of the FA cup than any other club.

We were the club that introduced shirt sponsorship. We introduced the likes of Big Ron into management (sorry about Big Brother on that one) and the transfer deal? We once swapped a player for our lawnmower.

We are trying to raise around £70,000-0 in a matter of weeks. As well as the supporters bringing in some cash to save the club. With everyone concerned - management, owners, supporters etc - we're up to £50k.

We have opened a page on the just giving web site to raise a further £20,000-00 before our hearing on the 7th October.

If you can give a little to help fellow Football Supporters please log onto

https://www.justgiving.com/local/project/savekettering/

and give anything you can.

20,000 people giving a £1 is worth as much as 20 people giving £1000. Don’t let Football in our community die out.

If any of you are on other forums please pass this onto their site to.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thanks even more if you can help in any way.

Danny - AKA Toxteth O'Grady - lifetime supporter of the Poppies

Thanks in advance:

Hopefully some of you may be able to help out.

Regards
    Kerry.

I assume its no coincidence that he hasn't mentioned that bell end of a chairman/owner - Ladak? Utter tool of the highest order.
  • Options
    Boom, in my meeting yesterday, Danny was not very complimentary re the chairman / owner, however not really knowing the full facts, its hard for me to comment.

What is pleasing that they are now 3/4 of their way to their required sum of £20,000 and they still got 23 days to raise the final £5,000, so hopefully with a final push from football fans throughout the world they will survive.

I don't know if this is normal for this sort of appeal, but the money won't be taken out of your account until the fall £20,000 has been pledged, so if the appeals fails then no money will be taken.
  • Options
    Last time I am going to bump this, any help would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Gareth Bale might help out.
  • Options
    I'll give a quid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in. As someone on there said - I'd hope fans from other clubs would chip in for Charlton if we were in the same situation
  • Options
    I've just paid mine - it's actually a minimum donation of £2 so I paid that. About half a pint by London prices!
  • Options
    Will donate. Wasn't put off by the Big Ron association.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone Danny said its much appreciated.
  • Options
    Message from Kettering fan Danny. Thinks its self explanatory but thanks from me as well.

Thought I'd let you know that we have already reached the £20000 needed
    Great thanks to you and those at Charlton who helped

Let's just hope the court case goes our way on the 7th

OH, and in reply to BOOM, Mr Ladak is no longer involved in the club in any way, shape or form. He signed his shares over in the close season and has gone - hopefully never to be seen again where a Football Club is concerned.

Could you let them know please (I tried to join to say thanks but moderators haven't approved me yet)

Thanks again

Danny
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/southern-league-step-four/8254/poppies-win-winding-up-appeal/

Poppies Win Winding Up Appeal
    OCTOBER 7, 2013 by ANDY WHITE in EVO-STIK SOUTHERN LEAGUES.

KETTERING TOWN have successfully appealed against the winding up order that looked set to see them go to the wall.

The Poppies were issued the order at the start of September over a £58,000 debt to Rushden & Diamonds (2008) Ltd.

They appeared in the Royal Courts of Justice on Monday and the order was rescinded after it was revealed that a repayment agreement has been made between the two parties.

However, the order is technically still in place and the winding up petition officially adjourned for a further 28 days until November 4, when the debt will be cleared.

A statement on the Kettering Town official website said: ”The club would like to thank all KTFC supporters,sponsors,donators of any description and particularly the thousands of donations from all clubs and countries who supported the club in its efforts.”
  • Options
    Sadly , Hinkley United of the Southern Premier league went to the wall on Monday and was wound up. They were due to play my local team , Biggleswade Town on Tuesday night.

http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news-in-hinckley/local-news/hinckley-news/2013/10/07/breaking-hinckley-united-wound-up-in-high-court-105367-33924929/