Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sh*t week but...

edited September 2013 in Not Sports Related
Already seropiusly underweight but lost more, got ill...my van revealed more rust than was initially evident, plus some brake issues...gf had two day autistic meltdown...gf's father died of heart attack!

But...our dog Rufus kept his cool, comforted us, loved us, understood why he wasn't getting much attention, forgave us, made us laugh, made us cry and reminded us of why we chose him. I once said I'd never have a dog...what was I thinking? I'm a better person because of the humanity he's taught me.

Edit: Admin please feel free to delete or transfer to Alsations whatever thread.

Comments

• Options
    My dogs are all my best mates and I ain't afraid to say it (sorry to burst you bubble CAFCDave)

; )
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

My dogs are all my best mates and I ain't afraid to say it (sorry to burst you bubble CAFCDave)

; )

Its ok mate, my mrs prefers your dogs to me and she has a)never met them and b) is allergic to animal fur……
  • Options
    keep your chin up maybe mate, hope it turns round for you.
  • Options
    Glad that you both feel you're getting comfort from Rufus maybe...horrible week, but look after each other and hope things get better for you both soon.
  • Options
    Keep battling away mate, you three keep looking after one and other and the good times will return!
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your terrible week. When things start to go wrong, they certainly know how to multiply.

Stay strong & keep cuddling those 2 most important "people" in your life.
  • Options
    Thank you for your lovely comments. We do have some comfort as in gf dad was terminally ill with cancer (astbestos) and was lingering on for others, when it was evident he was tired of the pain and the waiting...it's almost a case of grieving early.

ps. I know I can appear a little soft in the head at times, but I'm pretty unbreakable and will look after everyone to the best of my ability...it's because of people like you that I can do this :-)
  • Options

Thank you for your lovely comments. We do have some comfort as in gf dad was terminally ill with cancer (astbestos) and was lingering on for others, when it was evident he was tired of the pain and the waiting...it's almost a case of grieving early.

ps. I know I can appear a little soft in the head at times, but I'm pretty unbreakable and will look after everyone to the best of my ability...it's because of people like you that I can do this :-)

Actually. MB, I think you always come across as a very decent, grounded (but slightly eccentric) kind of guy. Your girlfriend is very lucky to have you there for her, and vice versa. I hope that things pick up for you both soon.
  • Options
    I was doing just that when I got to your post...Hey man, we is well connected!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peace and love to you maybe, may the sun shine on you next week!
  • Options
    Chin up mate, things'll get better
  • Options
    Sorry to read this maybe_baby.

Stay strong for your girlfriend at her time of loss.
  • Options

One of my best friends died of cancer caused by asbestos - it was horrible to see him deteriorate. I was thinking about him only last night. I admire you for being strong and looking after your loved ones.