Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Being priced out of watching football

2»

Comments

• Options
    Went to my local club "Beckenham" a few years back. Kent leagues. Arrived at HT and they wanted 8 quid to get in. Went home and watched from my garden instead.
  • Options

Buckshee change the name of the thread to “I thought I was being priced out of football but didn't scroll down”

Lol, very good !

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    All champ matches should be capped:

U11 = £5
    U18 = £10
    U21/conc = £12
    Adult = £15
  • Options
    Do clubs realise that if they lower prices they get more people in and therefore (can) make more money and improve atmosphere?
  • Options
    SuperYann said:

Do clubs realise that if they lower prices they get more people in and therefore (can) make more money and improve atmosphere?

I'm not sure that that is true, maybe initially and then when the novelty wears off I believe you'll just end up with the same hardcore in the grounds.
    IMO football attendances have peaked and no matter what's on offer it's gonna be hard to increase our home support without premiership footy.
    We came down from prem and averaged 18k of home fans , I doubt we'd achieve that for a whole season unless we lead the Championship for the entire season.
    Palace will have a bigger home attendance average than us when we're both next in the Championship due to the Premiership newbies hanging on and the general apathy in our support

• Options

SuperYann said:

I'm not sure that that is true, maybe initially and then when the novelty wears off I believe you'll just end up with the same hardcore in the grounds.
    IMO football attendances have peaked and no matter what's on offer it's gonna be hard to increase our home support without premiership footy.
    We came down from prem and averaged 18k of home fans , I doubt we'd achieve that for a whole season unless we lead the Championship for the entire season.
    Palace will have a bigger home attendance average than us when we're both next in the Championship due to the Premiership newbies hanging on and the general apathy in our support

I don't think that the 18,000 is unachievable with winning good home form and of course a number of that 18,000 would be comps, so that would need to be factored out. However, a sell out Valley is an unlikely dream, unless of course we get to the Prem and even then after a seasons novelty, at extortionate prices, I wonder how long that would last.