Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dead or alive

I can't be bothered checking Wikipedia. Are the following people in the rudest of health or sadly no longer with us?
Michael Foot
Tony Hart
Ron Greenwood
Barry Sheen
Dickie Davies
Henry Kelly
Tony Slattery
Kim Wilde
Ted Heath

Comments

• You spin me right round
  • Half and half
  • Henry Kelly , Kim Wilde & Dickie Davies are alive a well as Tony Slattery. The rest are Brown Bread.,
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks to my superb intellect (and Wikipedia)

Michael Foot - Deed
    Tony Hart - Kaputten
    Ron Greenwood - Nae more
    Barry Sheen - snuffed it
    Dickie Davies - 80 and still going
    Henry Kelly - 67
    Tony Slattery - 53
    Kim Wilde - 52 (has she been the subject of a Would Ya? edit: I would!)
    Ted Heath - brown bread
  • Without asking Professor Wiki, I'd say Henry Kelly, Kim Wilde and Tony Slattery are still alive. Slattery is a weird one, used to be on TV and radio all the time, then dropped out of the public eye completely with problems with drugs and depression.
  • Surprised Ole Dickie Davies is still around
  • I owe my career to Tony Hart. He molded me into what I am today..........................
  • Coincidentally, there's a photo of Dickie Davies on p.90 of David Ramzan's new book, 'Charlton Athletic: A Pictorial History'. According to the caption he was interviewing our own 'Sailor' Brown in 2004, but I can't see any resemblance at all. Is there another Dickie Davies?
  • Coincidentally, there's a photo of Dickie Davies on p.90 of David Ramzan's new book, 'Charlton Athletic: A Pictorial History'. According to the caption he was interviewing our own 'Sailor' Brown in 2004, but I can't see any resemblance at all. Is there another Dickie Davies?

Yes.There's a Dickie Davies, who is one of the Sky bods at the grounds.

Ah, that explains it: the caption says the centenary dinner was shown on Sky Sports. I wondered where Dickie Davies' bouffant barnet and badger's streak had gone.

• Sponsored links:

• Ah World of Sport, happy childhood memories...

spoiler alert 14 secs into the clip note our position in the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NILLpMR9wqI
  • Soapy - I've just looked up the records and dated that clip to 22 March 1980. We had lost 4-3 at Oldham that afternoon, and stayed rooted to the bottom until relegation in May.
  • I owe my career to Tony Hart. He molded me into what I am today..........................

Tony Hart was an absolute genius.
  • Not sure if this is 100% true, but my old art teacher (Mr Austin) told me that he was offered the TV role before Tony Hart, but declined, due to television being an unknown entity at the time. Not wanting to give up a steady job for something that might only last 6 months................
  • Used to think no way did a six year old do that painting as a constable like picture was shown on screen.
  • Dennis Healey is still alive. He's 96.

I know DD II. He's a friend of a friend. Very nice bloke despite being a Palace fan.