Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marmite Man U

I have no doubt it has been mentioned elsewhere but I have thankfully not been on here much in last few days.

So.....Rooney unable to even consider playing football for England but turns out for his club wearing some form of headgear that the England FA can't find or afford and apparantly plays well.

Ashley Young behaves like a total tool and (even though it is against Palace) opens a debate about #straightred for diving.

Their much lauded ex-manager is reported to now get involved to wag a finger at A.Young.

Same ex-manager previously refused to speak to parts of the press that had a bad word to say about his agent son (I stand to be corrected here).

Current manager already gobbing off about anti Man U stuff (was it the fixture list ?)

Taking the soul out of football.

Plenty love them though including my impressionable young son.

PS - they are not alone but surely the worst.

Comments

• I hate man utd
  • hate them big time
  • I don't hate Man U especially, why would I hate them any more than any of the other giant clubs...
  • I don't hate Man U especially, why would I hate them any more than any of the other giant clubs...

My take on it too.
  • I hate them more than jabbing marmite in my eyes with a blunt stick
  • Always had a sneaking regard for their football. The shenanigans off the pitch and in the media is no worse than any of the other top clubs in the Premiershit and makes me sick.

Man U
    Man c
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelski

all the same in my book.
  • The comment that made me laugh today was the stripey chairman calling for bans for diving, after Young's disgraceful swan diving.

However...this'll be the same lad who was trying to re-sign Andrew/Andy Johnson on deadline day.
  • TelMc32 said:

The comment that made me laugh today was the stripey chairman calling for bans for diving, after Young's disgraceful swan diving.

However...this'll be the same lad who was trying to re-sign Andrew/Andy Johnson on deadline day.

I though exactly the same. I assume he also watched Victor Moses and Wilf Zaha at dismal phallus - neither of whom exactly had good balance in the penalty box
  • Don't hate Man Utd as a football club but they do get some decisions on their side easily. The penalty decision against them was ridiculous even if it was against Palarse.

What gets to me about Man Utd is the glory hunters who claim to support them but only like them because they are currently the best team in England. I would love to see Man Utd fail badly so these glory hunters know what it is like to see something bad to the team they support. I wonder if many of them would convert too Chelsea or Man City?

I would much rather walk along my local highstreet and see a group of kids in Palarse shirts than Man Utd shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Always had a sneaking regard for their football. The shenanigans off the pitch and in the media is no worse than any of the other top clubs in the Premiershit and makes me sick.

Man U
    Man c
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelski

all the same in my book.

Indeed. Sod 'em all.

• Like or loathe them, they have at least had a fair share of British players , unlike Arsenal in recent years, Man U have certainly tapped into potential markets around the world bigtime, to think we used to have crowds as big as they get now, shows how footies changed and we got left behind.
  • Quite like United, you'll find deplorable characters throughout football but I admire their way of maintaining success over a 20 year period, very impressive and they didnt need Russian/Arab billions to give them the boost up to start with.
  • Always liked them going back to the seventies, for a club that didn't win the championship for donleyks years their support has always been largest in the country even through the years of Liverpool dominence, so those who brandish their fans as glory hunters obviously don't know their history of English football.
  • On a similar note the very injured Sterling managed to make a show tonight. Cnt.
  • The inlaws are United fans ( coming from Cambridge it's the obvious choice ! ) so I have had a fight on my hands for them not to turn my sons into fans. Luckily they are Addicks through and through .
    I could care less about united otherwise
  • At least they aren't Liverpool.

But what is it with English wingers and diving? Saw Sterling today have a few falls without being touched too.
  • I like them, they have the best support in the country in my opinion and use players from the youth set up. I also like their never say die attitude.
  • Cannot stand them. Know so many "fans" when in reality, I shouldn't know any. Wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• they are all right tbh

I would rather they win everything than

arsenal
    Chelsea
    spurs
    liverpool
  • Funnily enough , I met a man united fan from Manchester today, a rare thing in these parts.
  • I love Manchester United and always have. I sometimes wish I was from up there and could support them.
    They are winners and I like winners. Faldo, Ali, Woods, Nicklaus, Viv, Warne, Federer, Borg, Samprass, Davis and The Power. These are the sportsmen I like.

I hope Moyes does well although I haven't watched any Prem yet this season, nothing live or MOTD. Really off football in general at the moment.
  • Can't stand them, hate it when notice them playing Arsenal or Chelsea in a pub tho, cos I'd rather they win against those two.
  • Riviera said:

I love Manchester United and always have. I sometimes wish I was from up there and could support them.
    They are winners and I like winners. Faldo, Ali, Woods, Nicklaus, Viv, Warne, Federer, Borg, Samprass, Davis and The Power. These are the sportsmen I like.

I hope Moyes does well although I haven't watched any Prem yet this season, nothing live or MOTD. Really off football in general at the moment.

Sounds like you already do.
  • But I don't. I support my local team.
  • Prefer them over the other "big EPL teams", at least they play the odd British player now & again......
  • Riviera said:

I love Manchester United and always have. I sometimes wish I was from up there and could support them.

You've gone too far there.
  • they are all right tbh

I would rather they win everything than

arsenal
    Chelsea
    spurs
    liverpool

Feel exactly the same.
  • Well, someone has to say it. The reason for the massive support goes back to the huge wave of sympathy over the air crash, and the subsequent revival. Then the discovery of George Best and the European cup win. Timing was everything - a swathe of people from Bexhill to Bellingham didn't wake up one morning and think "I know, I am going to follow a club from miles away" - it was a trend, and most people love to follow a trend. They then pass that on to their offspring and so it grows.

Rivera - If I lived in Manchester, United would be the last team I would support - you are from "down here", why don't you support Arsenal by that logic?

Liverpool still have more glory hunter fans in England than Man Utd in my opinion, and I meet a greater cross section than almost everyone else on here.