Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Primal Scream - Hard Rock Cafe

Absolutely buzzing...just had a call from Absolute Radio to be told I have won tickets for tomorrow night at HRC. Already had tickets for the Brixton gig in December, but this is superb.

Have never been to HRC, but get the impression it's a pretty small and intimate gig. Anyone ever seen any bands there before? What's it like?

Comments

• Options
    I'm seeing them on Friday in Camden
  • Options
    I'd applied for iTunes as well Popicon. Have had no luck with them at all over the last few years, so delighted with this. I'll post up how they did for your warm up gig then!! ;-)

Have a great time.
  • Options
    You'll have a stormer TelMc.

My mates saw them at Brixton for the Screamdelica gig and said it was unbelievable. Seeing them in a small venue should be a proper treat. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Cheers red_murph...was already counting down for the December date in Brixton, so this is fantastic. Screamadelica is a classic and I'm loving the new stuff as well.
  • Options
    I first saw them live in 1987 - Sonic Flower Groove era - I feel very old :(
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Absolutely buzzing...just had a call from Absolute Radio to be told I have won tickets for tomorrow night at HRC. Already had tickets for the Brixton gig in December, but this is superb.

Have never been to HRC, but get the impression it's a pretty small and intimate gig. Anyone ever seen any bands there before? What's it like?

Presumably, they will serenade you whilst you eat your ribs & fries :-)
  • Options
    Oakster said:

We are Oakster, we are! :(

Great album though. You've just reminded me of what a new band/album sound like though. If you haven't heard it, try Jagwar Ma's new album...Howlin.

TelMc32 said:

Lol...don't think "get your ribs off" has quite the same ring to it mate :)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Oakster said:

We are Oakster, we are! :(

Great album though. You've just reminded me of what a new band/album sound like though. If you haven't heard it, try Jagwar Ma's new album...Howlin.

TelMc32 said:

Lol...don't think "get your ribs off" has quite the same ring to it mate :)
    Cheers Tel - gonna check that one out..been an excellent year for new music so far...
  • Options
    Have a goodun Tel pal!

Here's me favouritte PS song to get you in the mood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQZdt-lx5nk
  • Options
    Cheers Tel, let us know how the gig went.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rumoured to be supporting charlatans at royal Albert hall on 18th October, hoping to get tickets for that in the pre sale tmrw
  • Options
    Thanks lads...great track Rob. Mani's first outing with the band on Vanishing Point and it's a very under-rated album. No idea what to expect tomorrow, set-list wise, but so many great tracks to choose from. Have everything on loop at the moment :)
  • Options
    Great venue for gigs. Get there early for the free food and booze!
  • Options

It just gets better!! No-one's mentioned free booze & food, but glad I have a late start Friday :)
  • Options
    Saw great concert at shepherds bush and one of the worst concerts ever at elephant and castle. Can go either way with that lot.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

It just gets better!! No-one's mentioned free booze & food, but glad I have a late start Friday :)
    They had that when I went to an Absolute gig there before so hopefully they will have it tonight for you. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Spot on mate. Free drink & food all night.

Have to say that we both thought that was the best gig we have ever been to, even without the extras. Got there about 7.45 and found ourselves right at the front. Will try & work out how to post the pictures & video from my phone tomorrow, but just a fantastic set and night.

We were very polite & friendly to the barman at the end and he kept putting wine & beer up for us long after he was meant to stop & was turning others away. Ears are absolutely ringing and so glad I am on a late tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Cushty
  • Options
    Sounds brilliant Tel, nice one.
  • Options
    Nice one, sounds like a great night!