Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gold or Silver Ticket Prices

I don't understand all this nonsense. This game is a GOLD game. MILLWALL at Home...Emmmm yeah really gold 12,000 home fans.

The ticket prices should be the same for every game. Like they used to be.

You can't charge people more money because of the team we are playing. We still have the same squad FFS.

No Offence but look at our squad...Is it worth these high ticket prices? You are driving fans away!!!!!!!!! Wake Up!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Its all about maximising the income from the away fans in games where the away end will be sold out.
  • Options
    But surely the income from the away fans can't make up for 10,000+ empty seats in the home end? Especially if merchandise/food and drink is bought on top?
  • Options
    New regime, new ideas, new outcomes
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Its all about maximising the income from the away fans in games where the away end will be sold out.

At the expense of losing the equivalent in home support?
  • Options
    Didnt we have the same sort of system in place when we were in the Premiership - i.e. if we played Arsenal or Man Utd it would be more expensive than playing Wigan.

Same in this day and age... More people should wanna come to see us play Millwall than Barnsley so it makes sense to charge more. (Only thing we didnt see when we introduced this was that Sky would pick the match)
  • Options
    Croydon said:

But surely the income from the away fans can't make up for 10,000+ empty seats in the home end? Especially if merchandise/food and drink is bought on top?

What level do you the price should be set at. Remember the season ticket is about £15.00 per game.

• Options

Same in this day and age... More people should wanna come to see us play Millwall than Barnsley so it makes sense to charge more. (Only thing we didnt see when we introduced this was that Sky would pick the match)

are you joking, at least we might win against Barnsley.
  • Options

Might win either way but to do that do people want to come and see us play against Chris O'Grady / David Perkins with a dead atmosphere or do they wanna come and see us play against a marque player in the division / a team where the atmosphere is gonna be high
  • Options

Might win either way but to do that do people want to come and see us play against Chris O'Grady / David Perkins with a dead atmosphere or do they wanna come and see us play against a marque player in the division / a team where the atmosphere is gonna be high

like this afternoon.
  • Options

like this afternoon.
    Like I said in my original... Maybe we would have had a high attendance had Sky not chosen to put it on TV
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to see a new ticket pricing strategy where fans get to pay on the way out of the ground.

Let them watch the game and decide if it's a Gold, Silver, Bronze, Tin, Plastic, Cardboard or Shit game and then pay accordingly.
  • Options
    Never thought I would see Millwall get a bigger crowd at the Den last season against us than we did at the Valley today.
  • Options

like this afternoon.
    Like I said in my original... Maybe we would have had a high attendance had Sky not chosen to put it on TV

obviously more would have attended but I don't think that many. When the team decides to turn up and put up a spirited London derby performance I think a lot more fans will. If we're always going to lose against them at least make 4-3 or something.
  • Options
    I watched it on sky..Man it was horrific to watch. Painful. I would of rather watched the cricket
  • Options

like this afternoon.
    When the team decides to turn up and put up a spirited London derby performance I think a lot more fans will.
    I know its not as easy but I do seriously believe by my comment below which I added to another thread earlier

And this isnt aimed at those who cant make it for various reasons (I completely understand that), just those who refuse to attend based on a poor performance

"I know £30 isnt much (in terms of squad improvements) but at the end of the day it could be the difference between Powell being able to add players to the squad to improve performances like today and erm not being able to which means we could see many more days like today."