Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get a grip

Right, at risk of getting shot down for starting another thread re todays game I must say that some of the comments on here tonight are quite frankly embarrassing. There are currently 118 guests online, no doubt quite a few of those are from our local 'rivals' and they must be laughing their bollocks off at some of the tripe posted on here tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'm as angry/disappointed with that performance as the rest of you and yes, I have a season ticket and I was there today but honestly, some people need to have a word with themselves. There is a reason for this post as I think sometimes people forget it is just a game. I have just sponsored a good friend of mine who is doing a parachute jump, the reason she is doing it is for the daughter of one of her friends. She is 2 years old, she is a little darling, she has a brain tumour. She needed treatment in America which by no means would guarantee a cure but would give her a chance and its very expensive hence the fund raising. Sadly, she is now too poorly to travel there and is now terminally ill and is not expected to see another Christmas.
Just making a point, that's all.

Comments

• Options
    People on here have all sorts going on in their lives, don't think it's fair to bring things like that into making points against other fans.
  • Options
    Are some people so incredibly vain that they think their inane musings on today's game are worthy of a thread of there own ?
  • Options
    As expected,shot down,so vain apparently. Christ,just trying to put things into perspective. Not pointing fingers at any fan in particular.
  • Options
    Very presumptuous post Redvalleyeast.
  • Options
    Bang bang shot down by what two posters jesus vain and precious
  • Options
    Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Remember everyone, we could have beaten them 5-0 or lost 5-0 yesterday but we should all moderate our emotions because of what is going on in Kenya.

I think the OP needs to get things into perspective, not people who get emotional about a team which they love
  • Options
    Very sad and tragic Redvalleyeast and my heart goes out, as I am sure does everbody else's on here.
    Things like that really do put football woes in perspective as you suggest.

However this is a football forum where we all come on to chew the fat and generally unwind and offload our passions for CAFC.
    I for one come here to escape the harsh realities of life; shit job, bills to pay, domestic issues and illnesses.
    It doesn't do to start shoving it back down peoples throats, we already know it's trivial in the scheme of things
  • Options
    Exactly
  • Options
    Well said sixa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bang bang shot down by what two posters jesus vain and precious

Vain and precious? People who actually know me would say I was the exact opposite. Anyway,im not getting into petty arguments. Admin,feel free to sink this thread(If thats not to vain of me to ask ;) )
  • Options
    Everyones got the hump at the moment RVE, don't take it to heart
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    59 people killed while out shopping in Nairobi yesterday. Lots of misery in the world, but this is a CAFC forum and we have just been beaten by a very poor rival club. I don't care how many visitors are reading it ! The Sun on Sunday sells 2m copies - if they missed the TV trash then they can read the same there.....which is:

We were a poor disorganised home side that barely mustered a shot on target. Our manager blames this on an injured striker/CB, but the truth to those at the game or watching on TV was that when 1-0 down with 30 minutes to play, we were passing back to our keeper and/or sideways across the centre circle, before overhitting long passes to either a guy that jumps prematurely to give the impression he is trying, or a guy who is too naive to deal with the ball/defenders on receipt.

Last season we had 1 win, 1 draw and 4 defeats in London derbies (if memory serves).

We were let down (again) by our lads yesterday - we can't hide from it and nor should they.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Remember everyone, we could have beaten them 5-0 or lost 5-0 yesterday but we should all moderate our emotions because of what is going on in Kenya.

I think the OP needs to get things into perspective, not people who get emotional about a team which they love

Sorry, what does "OP" mean ?

• Options

Huskaris said:

"Old people" , MOG

:-)
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Original Poster
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

Original Poster
    Thank You.