Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Red Robin

This is part of what makes us ...well us. We need to make sure it plays WHENEVER Charlton take the field at The Valley and not just when the club feel like giving it a spin. This is important.

http://youtu.be/bzbcBtuCmio

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely. It's traditional. Like losing to Millwall.
  • Options
    Sorry but....I think it's dated and kills any of the build up. It should be a crescendo of noise when the team comes out.
  • Options

Sorry but....I think it's dated and kills any of the build up. It should be a crescendo of noise when the team comes out.

You mean an artificial crescendo of noise ?
  • Options
    'course not. Loud music and a loud crowd. It's in the psychology innit.
  • Options

Yeah let's have X factor music instead.
  • Options

The Valleys never been like that though has it. Loud music = Plastic = Crystal Palace. Loud crowd ! It's not us is it. Never has been and never will be. RRR is a reminder to all about us and our history. Too many clubs sell their soul and some like CP never actually found theirs. Let's keep ours intact.

• Options
    Perhaps it's time to change.
  • Options

The Valleys never been like that though has it. Loud music = Plastic = Crystal Palace. Loud crowd ! It's not us is it. Never has been and never will be. RRR is a reminder to all about us and our history. Too many clubs sell their soul and some like CP never actually found theirs. Let's keep ours intact.

Completely agree.
  • Options

Only suggestion worth considering Mick is me strumming RRR on my guitar. Wad ya reckon ?
  • Options
    I hate the screaming from the announcer when they come out ( especially when they come out for the second half ) . It had the opposite affect .Not only is it embarrassing It drowns out the fans and the red red robin song, which should be played loud and proud when they come out .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Save the Red Red Robin!
  • Options
    I could not hear it in the Upper North. I thought Dave Lockwood had previously stated that they only had one decent copy (or something along those lines) and that would be available again for the Millwall game???

Personally RRR is part of Charlton Athletic and should be played loud and proud before every home game.
  • Options
    Could just about hear it yesterday, like Amos I thought it was down to a different copy of the song. I've got the original on vinyl if the club want to borrow it ?
  • Options

I could not hear it in the Upper North. I thought Dave Lockwood had previously stated that they only had one decent copy (or something along those lines) and that would be available again for the Millwall game???

Personally RRR is part of Charlton Athletic and should be played loud and proud before every home game.

The CD was used. Looks like there is a problem somewhere with the sound system.
  • Options
    Sabotage!
  • Options

Only suggestion worth considering Mick is me strumming RRR on my guitar. Wad ya reckon ?

After yesterday I was considering never going again. You've now made my mind up.
  • Options
    It was played, it was just drowned out by the North stand singing properly, seems like the "acoustics" were fine yesterday...

When we are against a non derby team and the "acoustics" are once again poor, you will hear RRR just as loudly as normal.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

It was played, it was just drowned out by the North stand singing properly, seems like the "acoustics" were fine yesterday...

When we are against a non derby team and the "acoustics" are once again poor, you will hear RRR just as loudly as normal.

absolute bollocks. Don't throw 'acoustics' sarcastically into the faces of those who get behind the team. Watch it back on sky and you'll see how quiet it is despite the whole upper north singing.

Not 100% but I thought they started playing it after the teams were already out, rather than as they walked out on to the pitch, still quiet though

• Options
    Croydon said:

Huskaris said:

absolute bollocks. Don't throw 'acoustics' sarcastically into the faces of those who get behind the team. Watch it back on sky and you'll see how quiet it is despite the whole upper north singing.

Not 100% but I thought they started playing it after the teams were already out, rather than as they walked out on to the pitch, still quiet though

About 10 mins before kick off Millwall stand, all of them were singing, the very empty looking North stand (because understandably home supporters get there right before kick off as they have their travel times sorted so they get there just before KO) still managed to match them in sound despite having about the same amount of people in it.

RRR was definitely drowned out by exceptionally loud singing.

• Options

I hate the screaming from the announcer when they come out ( especially when they come out for the second half ) . It had the opposite affect .Not only is it embarrassing It drowns out the fans and the red red robin song, which should be played loud and proud when they come out .

Absolutely.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep RRR, it's always been Charlton to me and is now for my 8 year old son. It's one of the few things that reminds us there is a history in football before Sky waltzed in.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I can hardly hear Dave or the music over the PA system apart from when he reads the teams out. At half time the noise is barely audible in the north upper.
  • Options
    If its tradition you want then requests for particular songs should be announced by BDL along the lines of "...and it's happy 10th birthday to John smith from mum and dad. john would like to hear one direction (or whoever is popular at the time). Unfortunately we don't have one direction but here's Al Martino with Spanish Eyes"