Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why didn't you come?

Comments

• Options
    MattD said:

Gillette Soccer Saturday is more exciting than watching Charlton.

Could have done both yesterday.

;-)

• Options
    Live in France, watched it in a bar but certainly done my fair share of Charlton/Scumwall games, home and the od Den, even a pre season friendly at The Den many many years ago, we got stuffed in that as well, 5 1 I think, could have been 5 0, anyone remember it ?.
  • Options
    Health reasons of a TMI nature.
    Happy now?
  • Options
    Glad I didn't by the reactions on here!
  • Options
    Knowing the team will roll over and let Millwall tickle their bellies before capitulating like a bunch of school girls is as good a place as any to start.
  • Options
    lol largeaddick! was looking after my 4 and 5 year old being a full time dad
  • Options
    Chris Powell
  • Options
    I di

I am always utterly embarrassed by our pathetic turnout against Millwall at the Valley. Our away support at the Den is usually pretty good, but it perplexes me as to why so many stay away for home fixture against our south London neighbours.
    Are people scared to come to their own ground?
    I'm 24 and have been a season ticket holder since I was 9 and have never encountered any violence at this fixture at the Valley. Maybe others have different stories to tell.
    We haven't won in this fixture since 96 and I am sick of the stick that I get from my Millwall friends about our shocking record and poor support. I would love to know why so many people don't want to support our team against Millwall ...

Not sure how me going would have stopped you getting stick from Milwall freinds?
  • Options

I am always utterly embarrassed by our pathetic turnout against Millwall at the Valley. Our away support at the Den is usually pretty good, but it perplexes me as to why so many stay away for home fixture against our south London neighbours.
    Are people scared to come to their own ground?
    I'm 24 and have been a season ticket holder since I was 9 and have never encountered any violence at this fixture at the Valley. Maybe others have different stories to tell.
    We haven't won in this fixture since 96 and I am sick of the stick that I get from my Millwall friends about our shocking record and poor support. I would love to know why so many people don't want to support our team against Millwall ...

There's one of the answers to your own question.

Most of the time our players never turn up against Millwall, so it's no surprise that the fans don't.
  • Options
    Playing Millwall is always depressing - games are usually shit and the atmosphere unpleasant. The 4-0 away defeat still sticks in my memory.
    It's the only fixture I don't look forward to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went and my pile is ripped and I am sore
  • Options

I went and my pile is ripped and I am sore

You sure you didn't run through the legs of 'the batty man'?
  • Options
    Don't ask where I was...you wouldn't like the answer.
  • Options
    Where were you?
  • Options

Looking after my two month year old, have only made Boro so far this year.

Wish I'd not bothered to watch yesterday on Sky either to be honest!

if you don't go to the valley anymore you should change your name to "Neil"
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Because last year it cost me about £300 to come up to London and see the team I support play like under 10s, but without the comittment. Next question.
  • Options
    I think 20 odd batty men ran through mine AUN
  • Options
    New boy here. Fan since 1976. Season ticket holder since 78. Ironically first time I saw Charlton beat millwall was in 78. Shaw and the Ship scored. This was back in the days when Charlton would take 300 fans to the old den. I was asked whether I wanted to go to snowdonia mountain biking. I thought long and hard about Wales or Charlton and Wales won. I watched the game on tv with friends and found the whole experience embarrassing. My mates were questioning why I would want to watch such rubbish !!!
  • Options
    didn't need to go, knew would lose and play absolute shite which is scandalous and have the nerve to charge for that dross, so made better use of the money I saved!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    2,858 Millwall turned up, you have to go back to the Upton Park and Selhurst days to find them bringing fewer against us, except in the days of reduced capacity at the Valley so the apathy got to them too! Still a good number but you expect them to sell every ticket like they did for the 4.4 when they sold out in about 3 hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think it was apathy as much as the TV that did it.
  • Options

didn't need to go, knew would lose and play absolute shite which is scandalous and have the nerve to charge for that dross, so made better use of the money I saved!

its fans like you which will help kill the club,i bet when we have a good season your there neally every game but when we havnt got quite a good side you don't bother
  • Options

Live in France, watched it in a bar but certainly done my fair share of Charlton/Scumwall games, home and the od Den, even a pre season friendly at The Den many many years ago, we got stuffed in that as well, 5 1 I think, could have been 5 0, anyone remember it ?.

If I'm not mistaken, it was when Mullery was manager
  • Options
    I have just posted elsewhere that contrary to the question ,why do we not turn up for this fixture I am just surprised so many do turn up and risk life and limb against this pack of thugs.
  • Options
    yes you made this clear in another post.
  • Options
    Did you go nolly?
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    Good man.

I didn't. I had a piano lesson in the morning and then had to get home straight after to make vol-au-vents for a little soiree I was hosting that evening in a local art gallery. Was a good turn out.
  • Options

Live in
    France, watched it in a bar but certainly done my fair share of Charlton/Scumwall games, home and the od Den, even a pre season friendly at The Den many many years ago, we got stuffed in that as well, 5 1 I think, could have been 5 0, anyone remember it ?.

If I'm not mistaken, it was when Mullery was manager
    5-1 84/85 with Lennie in charge
  • Options
    what art gallery? i draw