Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The laughing substitute...

As a lad I remember attending a pulsating local derby against Millwall at The Valley with 29,000 in, mostly standing. We had Glover, Peacock, Campbell and all. They had Possee, Weller, Snowdon and so on. Every tackle made you shudder, no quarter given and one of those pulsating 0-0 draws where the only over-riding factor for either side was don't get beat. Then I looked at Saturday, acres of empty seats and a sub- Sordell- laughing as if he was coming on in a pre-season friendly or testimonial featuring celebs no one had heard of. Peacock in the background and another old stage I couldn't identify, fuming because they understood what games like this used to mean...Sadly I just don't think football is what it was and is a bit like comparing a good steak with popcorn.

Comments

• Options
    Sordell came on and did alright. One of our better attacking players and almost set-up a goal to Church.

Was only laughing because the 'he looks like a fish' was getting a very loud singing directed at him. Not really sure why this deserves a thread.
  • Options
    He was laughing because when he got changed to come on the millwall fans were singing 'marvin sordell he looks like a fish' not at the game at all
  • Options
    Truth be told, when I saw him laughing he went up in my books.

Despite having a few thousand people singing a song about him looking like a fish, he laughed it up and got on with his job. When he first arrived I was concerned that he was going to be quite temperamental, and I didn't think he'd even play against Millwall due to that. I tip my hat to the lad, well handled.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Truth be told, when I saw him laughing he went up in my books.

Despite having a few thousand people singing a song about him looking like a fish, he laughed it up and got on with his job. When he first arrived I was concerned that he was going to be quite temperamental, and I didn't think he'd even play against Millwall due to that. I tip my hat to the lad, well handled.

Exactly this!