Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton mascot advice

Got a letter from Charlton asking if Alfie would like to be the mascot for the Forest game next Tuesday for a discount price!

Has anyones kids been a mascot? Is it worth the ££?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    I was a mascot when I was younger and can't remember much of it. All I know is I really enjoyed it and being able to meet and get autographs of the players was excellent. I would recommend doing it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This excitable little fella was bloody delighted when Carl Tiler offered to pose for a photograph. Don't get much bigger than that.

The point I'm trying to make is I take that photo everywhere with me, still a very memorable day.
  • Options
    Mate of mines kids done it and they loved it , well worth the money mate
  • Options
    My eldest did it a couple of years back and thoroughly enjoyed it , go for it
  • Options
    well worth it.

my son did it for his 10th, best bit for him was getting to kick a ball about on the pitch.

good for parents too.
  • Options
    am hoping to convice my daughter to do it for a birthday in the next couple of years, think I want her to do it more than she does
  • Options
    There was a 40 minute bit where they go off with the organiser and go into the changing rooms and meet SCP and the players
    etc and the parents are given passes to the lounge in the covered end and then abouth half hour before kick off you go down to the side of the pitch and they have a kick about with one of the football in the community people.
    They didn't play with the players just walked out with their chosen player
  • Options

am hoping to convice my daughter to do it for a birthday in the next couple of years, think I want her to do it more than she does

Snap!

Although my 8 year old thinks football is potentially the most pointless activity known to humanity and whenever we discuss Charlton or going to football she just laughs and says "I support Wigan". I pointed out that we were playing them in a few weeks and she glanced up from Minecraft just as Chelsea scored on the box and announced she'd changed her allegiance to Chelsea.

• Options
    I did it back in '95 for the 2-0 win over Oldham. if was free back then. Fantastic day. I would highly recommend it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    My mate's son did it for the Boro game. They thought it was great. Not sure how much it cost.

PS, If you do it, can you ask Alfie to tell the players to get their fingers out of their arse ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My boys were mascots (not at CAFC) years ago .. they loved every minute. Plus they were lucky in that the game was televised. Sky sports and Andy Gray in particular, treated them superbly.
    It was expensive but well worth it. My eldest boy wore the shirt given as part of the package until it almost disintegrated
  • Options

My boys were mascots (not at CAFC) years ago .. they loved every minute. Plus they were lucky in that the game was televised. Sky sports and Andy Gray in particular, treated them superbly.
    It was expensive but well worth it. My eldest boy wore the shirt given as part of the package until it almost disintegrated

What game was your boys mascots for Lincs?
  • Options
    edited September 2013

What game was your boys mascots for Lincs?
    West Ham v Everton .. the night the Bobby Moore stand was officially opened

EDIT: Just checked the year 1993 !!! .. good God how time flies
  • Options
    Barnseys Joe done it mate and Chapmans Ben , give them a bell from memory they both loved it
  • Options
    My son also got a letter. He's 17 in two weeks time, that's a year older than Jonjo was on his debut, and he's nearly six foot. We cracked up with the thought of him turning up in the dressing room pre-game.
  • Options

Snap!

Although my 8 year old thinks football is potentially the most pointless activity known to humanity and whenever we discuss Charlton or going to football she just laughs and says "I support Wigan". I pointed out that we were playing them in a few weeks and she glanced up from Minecraft just as Chelsea scored on the box and announced she'd changed her allegiance to Chelsea.

Kids can be such sods. I remember my eldest going through a phase of that. If someone asked who he supported he'd name some nothing northern team, because he knew that hurt the most. I can't remember all of them, but Bolton and Wolves stick in my mind. Not to worry though Clem, he came round and was a season ticket holder for many years.
  • Options

Snap!

Smart kid you got there.
  • Options
    Cheers guys all booked up for Notts Forest next Tuesday!!

It will be a nice surprise for his birthday on Friday!!

I've told Alfie to have a word with the players to show some pride and bounce back!!

He is also staying in his kit and boots in case he get the nod from the gaffer to start...lol
  • Options
    when he's in the changing room, can you ask Alfie to pilfer through the players pockets, put the merchandise in a bag and hand it to you in the NW quad when he runs out on to the pitch.

all proceeds to the Trust.
  • Options
    No problem lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much are we talking about, out of interest?
  • Options
    My daughter done it last season, you get a tour of the valley which the whole family can join, including board room, directors box, dug outs etc, they get taught some of history etc. then the rest of family get sent to crossbars (you have complimentary tickets) whilst the mascots go to the changing rooms and meet all the players and to the press box and get to play with the equipment, they get to have a kick about on the pitch and one adult is allowed pitch side to take pictures etc. you get to stay pitch side until kick off then you're taken back to your seat. The picture that gets taken before kick off gets posted to you a couple of weeks later, mascot also gets a certificate, a medal in a case, a goody bag with pen scarf hat etc, also a complimentary programme which will of course have them in it. For the price you get all of the above plus full kit, four complimentary match tickets, four crossbar tickets and not to mention the experience well worth the money at full price! Enjoy! :-)
  • Options
    Alfie will love all that thanks for the info.

We got it for £150 would have been cheaper if he had this seasons kit!!
  • Options
    Whenever I've looked at it on the OS for my son it's been at least £250 - have they brought the prices down?
  • Options
    Do it now while we still have SCP as manager, he's great with them.
  • Options
    Have organised for my godson to be the mascot at AFC - it's £200 there! We didn't have a game that night, until they re-arranged Doncaster
  • Options
    I loved it ... I still remember running out with Bolder .... LOVED IT
  • Options

Alfie will love all that thanks for the info.

We got it for £150 would have been cheaper if he had this seasons kit!!

That is a bargain

• Options
    Joe done 2 away games cost fcuk all.