Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do you think of Noel Edmonds?

Comments

• Options
    I find it amazing that he still has all that hair, even at his age...............
  • Options
    Yewtree
  • Options
    I only know old ladies that watch DOND, so although I really enjoyed house party I'm now going to pretend I never liked him.
  • Options
    Strange character
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Got too big for his boots and when Mr Blooby came on the scene, that was the last straw for me, can't stand him.
  • Options
    I managed to get through on the phone lines and speak to him on swap shop back in the 70's. Saw him at the goodwood revival a couple of weeks ago and he had a rascal white Suit on!
  • Options
    He used to live in Meopham for a while in the early 1970's.
  • Options
    Must have sold up to move to Crinkley Bottom.
  • Options
    Deal or no Deal is the cringest show I have ever seen, and that is 50% down to him and 50% down to the wet "family" format that they try and get all the guests to take.
  • Options
    If Deal Or No Deal is on, then I do sometimes watch it and get interested. As a format for a game show, it is actually very good.

But agreed that all of the other things they try and do to give it 'personality' can make it cringeworthy. Clapping in unison as a box is being opened....what on earth is that about.

And then a bloody red box is opened. "Oh.....its alright, no that is alright...." No its bloody not! That's not the point of the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Deal or no Deal is the cringest show I have ever seen, and that is 50% down to him and 50% down to the wet "family" format that they try and get all the guests to take.

how they try and pass off that picking boxes with random numbers on has a tactic or skill to it, is the worst bit about it.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

how they try and pass off that picking boxes with random numbers on has a tactic or skill to it, is the worst bit about it.
    Yeah exactly... "Simon, don't you dare reveal £250,000 in that box... OH MY GOD SIMON WHAT HAVE YOU DONE"

For some reason, very few things wind me up, but that really winds me up.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

He's quite mad. There's a great article by Jon Ronson about him, written after Deal or No Deal took off.

"I wrote to the cosmos that I would like to meet a woman who'll make me laugh and make me happy," Noel tells me. "I wrote that I'd like a relationship that's not too heavy, with an attractive lady, and I'd like her to walk into my life by the end of September 2005. And she did!"

There is a short silence.

"She wasn't the person who sold her story to the Sunday People back in July, was she?" I ask.

There's another silence.

"Yes," says Noel.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/oct/21/broadcasting.arts

A great read, cheers
  • Options
    I love the bit about the guy who was upset when Noel dismissed him as an undertaker. Brilliantly written.
  • Options
    Was a good show but too many episodes - a bit like millionaire.
  • Options
    Not too keen on tidy beard and can't stand Deal or No Deal - I wouldn't even watch it with Rachel Riley in a wet t-shirt presenting it.
  • Options
    I would
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Swap Shop over Tiswas.

Middle Class!
  • Options

Macronate said:

Swap Shop over Tiswas.

Middle Class!
    More likely a young pikey learning his trade of dealing.......... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

He's quite mad. There's a great article by Jon Ronson about him, written after Deal or No Deal took off.

"I wrote to the cosmos that I would like to meet a woman who'll make me laugh and make me happy," Noel tells me. "I wrote that I'd like a relationship that's not too heavy, with an attractive lady, and I'd like her to walk into my life by the end of September 2005. And she did!"

There is a short silence.

"She wasn't the person who sold her story to the Sunday People back in July, was she?" I ask.

There's another silence.

"Yes," says Noel.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/oct/21/broadcasting.arts

Jon Ronson is a very funny writer, he is kind of like a literary Louis Theroux.
  • Options
    Strange bloke but you have to say he is not only a survivor but he is very smart. I mean look how much success he has acheived with a game that is basically guessing whats inside a box!
  • Options
    Just thinking I cant believe he is still going strong all these years after I used to watch him on bloody Swap Shop - an early eBay? - in the early 1980s as a kid.

Good on him for that at least - but whatever happened to Maggie Philbin?
  • Options

Shes buried under his patio....

• Options
    I'd sooner

I managed to get through on the phone lines and speak to him on swap shop back in the 70's. Saw him at the goodwood revival a couple of weeks ago and he had a rascal white Suit on!

Needed parkin up in two counts..

1.For wearing a white suit

and

2. Just for being Noel Edmunds
  • Options

Strange bloke but you have to say he is not only a survivor but he is very smart. I mean look how much success he has acheived with a game that is basically guessing whats inside a box!

It is the ultimate game show for thickies, hence the success - they can play along at home and then be really proud when their guess matches the box with the big money in.

I liked House Party and Noel has never done me any harm. Jon Ronson on the other hand I have met, and he is a complete knob.
  • Options
    I can't believe all these posts about Noel Edmonds on a CAFC site , ODD
  • Options

was a bit in the sub-Standard last night. She is now an advsor to Labour on technology issues.

• Options
    Very scary contestant on DOND tonight.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Very scary contestant on DOND tonight.

Lol a mate got me to turn that on earlier , watched briefly but didn't get the background on the contestant was (s)he a she or a he