Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Jones

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

See I think of Keith Jones as the sort of player who didn't get this sort of praise heaped on him at the time of playing for us. Which is exactly why some may consider him an 'underrated' player of our past. I know my whole family for one didn't feel too confident when we were at Wembley and he stepped up to take a penalty in the Playoff Final.

I suspect a player like Bradley Pritchard will be looked back on with a similar fondness in 10-15 years time if he sticks with us.

Not guilty on that score Tom, I praised him at the time and had no problem when he was up for his pen at Wembley. Actually Robbo worried me more, believe it or not...
  • Options
    Shaun Newton worried me.

(Although I didn't watch a single Charlton pen, only watched the Sunderland ones).

Loved Keith Jones as well, proper "you didn't know how good he was until he was gone" type player
  • Options
    Robbo was the one who worried me too. He missed a pen against West Brom for a hat trick a year or two previous and that was the only one he d ever taken, and the thing with Robbo was he was such an emotional soul you didn't really feel he could keep his head in a shoot out situation. I think that previous miss helped him though as he knew this time to just make sure he hit it low in the corner and not try and blast it.

Kinsella Jonesy Robbo and number 7. What a cracking midfield and top bunch of blokes.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Wonder if he ever comes back? Could be a good City Addicks guest.

He is a great Guest B:
    When the Lewisham branch was up and running he was invited to come down to The Black Horse in Catford. Unfortunately CAFC & CASC forgot to advertise it. Keith turned up and was welcomed by 4 of us. He said that he was meant to leave by 10pm for training the next day, but ended up leaving at 11-40 as we were the last to leave the pub. Don't think I've ever met a friendlier and down to earth footballer than Keith. Also, I wore his number 4 shirt at my wedding, though the club wanted it back after (we was skint then too).

• Options
    The only player that I was worried about for the pens was

Super Clive
  • Options
    Keith Jones?? Quality player!! was one of our best midfielders...
  • Options
    john said:

I remember going to Portsmouth in the mid nineties and Keith played but went off injured. My mates and I got back to Fratton station at about 20.00 (post match review in a number of pubs) and Keith was there in his tracksuit. He had been to hospital and Charlton had left him to make his own way home. He was good company on the train. Big game for us in the play-off final as well.

Peter Burrowes was with Keith Jones at the hospital in Portsmouth,it was he who brought him to the railway and asked myself to look after him.So you must have been sitting on my lap John.
    Keith had the xrays from the hospital with him at the time and we parted at Guildford station.
  • Options
    he was the template for Makélélé