Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Ebay experts

2»

Comments

• Options
    given up on ebay as a seller, all the rules in favor of the purchaser.. more hassle than its worth
  • Options
    His details were on the ebay invoice for delivery, so don't know what he was about. If you don't have name and address you can't do anything. It's all done on line and he can defend it in court or agree to settle, if he doesn't turn up you get automatic judgement in your favour and he gets a CCJ, but it would still be up to me to collect. The case terminates as soon as he pays up and I pass over the goods, it's not a crime it's a civil dispute.
  • Options
    pioneer said:

Talal said:

pioneer said:

An

Inanutshell

If you are a seller EBAY are complete crooked cnuts of the highest order.

FACT

And paypal.

My brother in law sold some electronic gaming coins on ebay for £100. the buyer then says his account has been hacked and he hasnt got the coins and gets a refund. bro in law £100 down and no coins, neither ebay or paypal are interested in the slightest.
    Something for that price should be sent special delivery. As long as there's a tracking number, the seller can't be made to refund (as far as I know).
    Talal said:

pioneer said:

An

Inanutshell

FACT

And paypal.

My brother in law sold some electronic gaming coins on ebay for £100. the buyer then says his account has been hacked and he hasnt got the coins and gets a refund. bro in law £100 down and no coins, neither ebay or paypal are interested in the slightest.
    Something for that price should be sent special delivery. As long as there's a tracking number, the seller can't be made to refund (as far as I know).
    Not sure of the ins and out of these things as i dont play the games but they were electronic gaming coins, ie something that is sent over the interweb. sounded to me from his conversations with both of them that this was very commom with this type of item.
    They weren't bitcoins were they?
  • Options
    What about your court fees?
  • Options

pioneer said:

Talal said:

pioneer said:

An

Inanutshell

FACT

And paypal.

Talal said:

pioneer said:

An

Inanutshell

FACT

And paypal.

Not sure of the ins and out of these things as i dont play the games but they were electronic gaming coins, ie something that is sent over the interweb. sounded to me from his conversations with both of them that this was very commom with this type of item.
    I bet they were. The 'my account was hacked' excuse has been used as a Bitcoin scam for years. It could be any other form of virtual currency though - none of them are regulated and eBay couldnt give a shit about small fraud like the kind of amounts people get scammed by.
  • Options

pioneer said:

Talal said:

pioneer said:

An

Inanutshell

FACT

And paypal.

Talal said:

pioneer said:

An

Inanutshell

FACT

And paypal.

I bet they were. The 'my account was hacked' excuse has been used as a Bitcoin scam for years. It could be any other form of virtual currency though - none of them are regulated and eBay couldnt give a shit about small fraud like the kind of amounts people get scammed by.
    If they were describing them as "gaming coins" is a good one! ;0)
  • Options
    Court fees were £80 which I only get back if a CCJ is issued.