Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FC Barcelona Soccer school

Barcelona have opened a soccer school in Singapore which my son has joined.

The director of the academy is from barca, but the other coaches are Singaporean.

Barca run a number of schools globally inc 3 in Spain, 1 in japan, 1 in Kuwait.

It's interesting watching the training, very small groups, focus on short passing, close control and two sessions in I can already see the benefit for my son.

At the end of the season the best players will travel to Barca to represent the school against all the other Barca schools. Whilst I am not rushing to book my tickets, it would be cool to see my son play in the Nou camp

Hopefully after a few years I can convince him to jack it in for charlton!

Comments

• Not sure why pick is upside down
  • Do you pay to send your kids there ?
  • Yeah it's expensive in the scheme of things but he has training 2 times a week for 90mins each plus matches every fortnight.
    If it was based on talent he wouldn't get in, but he is at last showing interest in a sport so I don't mind funding his (and of course mine) dreams.
  • Seems to be something the the big teams teams are doing. Real Madrid have just opened an academy at Regents school in Bangkok. Same idea with the coaching, small ball and constant pass and move. Interesting to watch.
  • My mate works for Man Utd doing a similar thing in India. He says they are all clueless, but having read ATU's comments I strongly suspect that is because they are the ones whose parents can afford it, as opposed to street kids with real talent. So it appears to be a purely commercial exercise rather than a real attempt to glean talent from new sources. Oh how I detest the "big" clubs.
  • AA you are correct in some respects, yes we can afford it but the simple fact is he gets the best possible training. If one child comes through from these schools it saves the club maybe 50m in transfer fees.

Personally I would love charlton to think this way and set up academy's everywhere, it's a great way to get the brand out there and sell more merchandise.
  • Not sure why pick is upside down

Because you're in Singapore? ;)
  • Wish they'd come over here!
  • Maybe we should suggest to Barca that it would be a good idea to set up an adult training camp at sparrows lane. Plenty of clueless recruits there apparently................
  • My boy played against Barca full academy in Barca when he was 14.
    Frightening, the got dicked 12-0 and Barca didnt make a tackle the whole game.
    The team he was playing for where no mugs either.

They beat manutd 7-0 in the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah it's expensive in the scheme of things but he has training 2 times a week for 90mins each plus matches every fortnight.
    If it was based on talent he wouldn't get in, but he is at last showing interest in a sport so I don't mind funding his (and of course mine) dreams.

Mate as long as he's enjoying his football that's all that matters. I don't think too many Thai parents would be paying to send their kids to the Charlton Athletic Soccer School !