Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chas and Dave

2»

Comments

• Options
    They're quality. Saw them in Harlow a few years ago. Chirpy on the usual fishing trip. You don't go to watch Chas and Dave and sit on your hands all night. Few loons about as there always are at any gigs.
  • Options
    One of the reasons why I like MOG is that he never played drums for Chas & Dave. Mind you, the superb Peter Phillips was one of the dual drummers in The Glitter Band - and he survived, and went on to play with the excellent Random Hold.

If you ever want a drummer's drummer, listen to Christian Vander. He is French, and decided the language is "too soft", so he invented his own. His band is called Magma - as much an underground cult as a band - Go for the Live Double at Paris Olympia, 1976.

I saw Magma at the Marquee in Wardour Street and the Roundhouse in Camden Town, and later at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the South Bank. Absolutely bloody brilliant.
  • Options

One of the reasons why I like MOG is that he never played drums for Chas & Dave. Mind you, the superb Peter Phillips was one of the dual drummers in The Glitter Band - and he survived, and went on to play with the excellent Random Hold.

If you ever want a drummer's drummer, listen to Christian Vander. He is French, and decided the language is "too soft", so he invented his own. His band is called Magma - as much an underground cult as a band - Go for the Live Double at Paris Olympia, 1976.

I saw Magma at the Marquee in Wardour Street and the Roundhouse in Camden Town, and later at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the South Bank. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

I'm obviously missing something but what has any of this got to do with Chas and Dave?
  • Options
    Boom said:

I'm obviously missing something but what has any of this got to do with Chas and Dave?
    Thankfully, nothing whatsoever.

• Options
    Clever... Very clever...
  • Options
    Actually Riviera I said to you after the night we were both at the Squeeze concert (not together) that were a fair few knobheads in the audience and you replied saying you didnt notice it and you had a great time sitting in your seats upstairs tucked away from the crowd.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Actually Riviera I said to you after the night we were both at the Squeeze concert (not together) that were a fair few knobheads in the audience and you replied saying you didnt notice it and you had a great time sitting in your seats upstairs tucked away from the crowd.

Indeed I did. But I did notice it on the telly in the C&D documentary and the point I made earlier that seemed to have been missed by some was that was all the footage I remember from that concert.

I didn't choose to sit upstairs at Squeeze as such, I bought those tickets off my "off-line" mate Ben Hayes. I like to be as close to the action with any live gig but not when the idiots are there.

Why are you digging me out?
  • Options
    hardly a dig!

• Options
    Well it felt like one to me and as chief digger on here I should know!