Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The m25

Why on earth are they allowed to resurface such long stretches at once, its not like they get done any quicker, the southeast section has been knackered for months

and why are they allowed to do road works on both north and south sections at once, seems crazy to me

One of the busiest rds in the world? and they don't give a f***

rant over

Comments

• edited September 2013
    That south eastern bit between the A22 and the M26 is because it's being widened by turning the hard shoulder into a lane during busy periods. Due to finish in the autumn next year. Thing is it seems the wider they make the M25 the busier it gets.

I have to use it for work 90% of the time and I've just got to the point now where nothing surprises me about it.

The bigger problem for me is the disgusting amount they charge in the services for even the smallest of items. One 500ml bottle of water is around £1.80 in clacket lane and the new Cobham services.
  • I miss many things about home - driving is not one of them. I live about 60 miles from my main work areas, can count on one hand the times in the last 8 years where I have ever sat in a traffic jam of M25 proportions
  • Oakster said:

I miss many things about home - driving is not one of them. I live about 60 miles from my main work areas, can count on one hand the times in the last 8 years where I have ever sat in a traffic jam of M25 proportions

Long way to go for a home game though!
  • Off_it said:

Oakster said:

I miss many things about home - driving is not one of them. I live about 60 miles from my main work areas, can count on one hand the times in the last 8 years where I have ever sat in a traffic jam of M25 proportions

Long way to go for a home game though!
    true Offy, true....still I get the pleasure of listening to it on Charlton Player at 8am every Saturday & then being right royally fecked off for the rest of the day..
  • @Oakster, the car park that is the m25 is ten times worse since you left these shores. Took my old man five and a half hours to go from Bexleyheath to Southampton today. Expects the same going home. That road is a joke.
  • Going to palace was he...
  • @Oakster, the car park that is the m25 is ten times worse since you left these shores. Took my old man five and a half hours to go from Bexleyheath to Southampton today. Expects the same going home. That road is a joke.

That's madness..what's that about 100 miles?
  • Going to palace was he...

(just about) dropping my mum and nan off to get a ship. I think to myself poor sod, but then I realise he's now got a week of pub and peace and quiet :-)

• He'll be lapping it up and dinner at yours dining out
  • edited September 2013
    buckshee said:

The bigger problem for me is the disgusting amount they charge in the services for even the smallest of items. One 500ml bottle of water is around £1.80 in clacket lane and the new Cobham services.

Why buy there ? Fill up an an empty bottle at home for free.
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Why buy there ? Fill up an an empty bottle at home for free.
    I usually do and in fact I did this time but left it in the fridge. Once I realised how much they wanted I walked out on principle.