Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morale around the club

2»

Comments

• Options

Palace w e nt bust. Got minus 10 points. Stoppes paying their players.lost a xoupke and still stayed up. If our players are pissed cause they only have a few months left on their lucrative contracts they are not the players I thougt they were.

How do you know their contracts are lucrative? Feel free to list the players and their contract details as you know them so we can all judge accordingly.
  • Options
    CP and the players need to put everything else to one side and concentrate on their football and doing their best for us the fans. The other cards will fall where they fall. They are all in a well paid profession doing something that they love, they shouldn't loose sight of that. So long as they are getting paid, then all the bickering and politics should not concern them. We all have to work alongside whoever our work mates are, to the best of our ability. We can't influence who owns our company or who they employ, we just have to make sure we are doing our jobs properly.
  • Options
    These players will have mortgages to pay and don't know whether they'll be able to pay it once their contracts are up, there are no guarantees as to what deals they will get elsewhere
    If that doesn't play on their minds and affect them then they are robots
    You may say welcome to the real world , well that isn't always a nice place and as Gower (I think) said it does have an affect
  • Options

These players will have mortgages to pay and don't know
    whether they'll be able to pay it once their contracts are up, there are no guarantees as to what deals they will get elsewhere
    You may say welcome to the real world , well that isn't always a nice place and as Gower (I think) said it does have an affect

We had the same secarnio exactly 30 years ago under Huyler. Players and staff did not know if they were going to get payed every week and feared how they were going to feed their families/pay the rent.

BUT, instead of sulking like a 5 year old, they went out there and gave their all, to make sure that if it did go tits up, then other clubs would be looking to buy them.

That season we were up around the top ten for a very long while, which was excellent for a side that always were in the bottom 6. Okay as soon as Fryer came in and saved the Club in March of that season, the results dropped off and we finished in the bottom half, but them boys had done enough to keep the team in division 2, whilst looking after themselves in case the club went bust.

The current lot (Players and management) would do well to think on, otherwise this time next season a fair few of them will be forgotten about and then they will have a reason how to pay their mortgages!

• Options
    Simple fact of life is, last season we punched well above our weight, this season everyone else has improved massively. We've not. A reserve keeper, a loan striker, who could or could not do well, a hard working striker who will not be 15 goal striker and some lad on loan who again could be ok, could not be... Once again Chris needs to get an extra 20-30% out of them again, but how do you motivate players who don't know if they'll have a job in a few months, because that's what it is, a job, like any of us they've got bills to pay, like all of us they're human beings and its natural for your work to dip under these conditions, I know mine would. I'm deeply worried. But I'll still go as always, its my club. Its what we do!
  • Options
    Less than six months ago there didn't seem to be anything wrong with morale. On the contrary the spirit in the squad was why we were better than the sum of the parts.

I don't follow what has turned that around so quickly.
  • Options

Less than six months ago there didn't seem to be anything wrong with morale. On the contrary the spirit in the squad was why we were better than the sum of the parts.

I don't follow what has turned that around so quickly.

Six months ago if Kermorgant was injured we could choose between Fuller, Haynes, Obika or even BWP. Yesterday we had Church. Alternative was a loan (who sounds as if he is going through football meltdown) or Pigott . That's the reality of what has changed. Six months ago those forwards and the rest of the squad who remain plus the management believed that they would be "rewarded" for their achievements with new contracts. That didn't happen so the belief and trust in those running the club was destroyed and bewilderment has replaced the spirit.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I will be there to support chris and the team on Tuesday. Will any of Prothero, Slater, or Jimenez...let alone Cash bother? none of them were at the Millwall game, ah but it was on the telly wasn't it?
    Hope somebody is on Directors Box watch on Tuesday.

• Options

These players will have mortgages to pay and don't know whether they'll be able to pay it once their contracts are up, there are no guarantees as to what deals they will get elsewhere

Welcome to the real world! The days of jobs for life, for anyone, are long gone. You can't under perform in your job just because you can't guarantee that you'll still have that same job in a years time. In football there is a very fine line between success or failure. Think Dean Parret, Michael Stewart or Matt Fry. Even Chris Powell has little job security. There are not many players outside of the Premiership who can be assured of still having football contracts 2 or 3 years into the future, that's why they are relatively very well paid. All the more reason for them to knuckle down, forget about all the peripheral stuff, and concentrate on their football.

• Options
    Will be there both games but can't say I am looking forward to them. We are playing terrible football. I would rather see us give it a go and get smashed than what we are doing.

Will be supporting however not sure it makes a difference. Everyone goes on about cardiff but how many times do they not responds to support? Palace home n away last year, millwall away last year, bournemouth away this year etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with the points on lack of quality on the field but even more worried that the poisonous off-field atmosphere and shenanigans has now permeated the dressing room and killed of morale.

SCP is a great motivator & man manager not a graduate of the Institute of Strategic Studies and if he gives up, or gets kicked out, we are all doomed.

See you Tuesday night for a noisy 1-1- draw and hope returns to the Valley.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I don't do football until October and therefore will be making my season debut on Tuesday. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Will be supporting however not sure it makes a difference. Everyone goes on about cardiff but how many times do they not responds to support? Palace home n away last year, millwall away last year, bournemouth away this year etc

Totally agree, Pompey have and had the noisiest passionate fans but that hasn't stopped them sliding below mk dons who have the quietest fans

But making some noise and atmosphere is about as much as we can do come match day so we just gotta try our best

• Options
    Won't be there on Tuesday, no way back to chesterfield after the game. I'll be there on Saturday as usuall. Wish Slater and Jiminez showed as much commitment. Am I asking too much?
    Answers on a postcard please.
  • Options
    Cardiff last year is a great example of what support can do. Too often our people are cowards. Turn up and lend your voice or go lose yourself and STFU. It's a time for digging deep not whining like a wean with freshly pissed pants.
  • Options
    Going. I agree we fans have a responsibility to go when we can and give the team some vocal support. It's no good saying the team didn't show up if you don't yourself.
  • Options
    I'll be there on Tuesday. Appreciate the views of those faithful that are royally pissed off by owners, tactics, players, flat lager........but I just remember how awful the atmosphere was in the yrs we nose-dived to league one and I'm sure even the boo-boys don't want that again.

The fans do make a difference, and sadly it sometimes needs the terraces to show some faith (albeit blind) where it's not really deserved before the players strap on a pair.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday and will be hoping for a decent atmosphere!!!
  • Options
    wish i could be there Tuesday nite! but a lack of money stops that
  • Options
    It's looking increasingly probable now that I won't be there.

Not my choice but my life is not my own!
  • Options
    Has the EU nicked it Len?

(One hopes this is taken in the spirit it was intended.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davey said:

I'll be there on Tuesday. Appreciate the views of those faithful that are royally pissed off by owners, tactics, players, flat lager........but I just remember how awful the atmosphere was in the yrs we nose-dived to league one and I'm sure even the boo-boys don't want that again.

The fans do make a difference, and sadly it sometimes needs the terraces to show some faith (albeit blind) where it's not really deserved before the players strap on a pair.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday and will be hoping for a decent atmosphere!!!

Your right even if it is blind faith we go to the valley on tuesday looking for the players to put in a performance that will get us something from the game.we in turn have our part to play in getting behind the team .anything else and we cant just blame cp and the players.
  • Options
    I seem to remember the atmosphere at the Cardiff game only picked up once we got a goal back, could be wrong but I'm sure there were the usual boo's after they went 2 up... I may be wrong though
  • Options
    I worked at the club for the best part of ten years - and have never known the Charlton fans to be as passionate as at the Cardiff game - I certainly dont remember any booing at 2 down!
    I know that CP and the players appreciated the effort the fans made that night - go for it again tonight hopefully it will make a difference to the players and the management as it did on the Cardiff game.
    Good luck!
  • Options

I seem to remember the atmosphere at the Cardiff game only picked up once we got a goal back, could be wrong but I'm sure there were the usual boo's after they went 2 up... I may be wrong though

As I remember it we kept on singing right through the two Cardiff goals as though nothing had happened. Not a booo to be heard.

• Options
    edited October 2013

As I remember it we kept on singing right through the two Cardiff goals as though nothing had happened. Not a booo to be heard.

Ditto. I remember it very well because to me it's been a marked difference in the crowd since the days of Kinsella et al - we always used to sing in support of the team then after conceding a goal, and we'd long stopped doing it. Good to see it even made an appearance in the Millwall game, if only the players were listening.
  • Options
    I know it's far from our premierleague glory days but many clubs don't have a pot to piss in at the moment, not just us.
  • Options
    It was JJ that tweeted that the supporters were so fantastic that the players all felt that they had to do their utmost to give us something in return. That repetitive non stop chanting made my hairs stand on end. I can't be there but I''ll surely listen out for you. You've done it before and you can do it again and you can help them to turn it around, go get 'em!!
  • Options
    just play crowd noise over the PA system

we'll win every game from now on.
  • Options
    Charlton till I die whenever that us. F### the result let's just make some noise tonight!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Am going - I do think this team have something about them - They are Chrissy's players! and am expecting them to show it tonight!

We need to do our bit - one of those games where it doesn't matter how bad we are- we sing and don't stop singing!! Let's show any potential buyers out there what we are about!