Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newcastle v Everton

2»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Scary to think that Lukaku has only just turned 20...

I heard him talking on the radio about a year back when he was with West Brom. He comes across as an extremely intelligent guy. Was talking about his studies and University education that he was doing on the side. Infact, I don't think I've heard a young player as articulate as him, English or not.

Saw this on Wikipedia:

Lukaku has always focused on his education, encouraged to do so by his parents, and did not want to transfer to Chelsea before he had his degrees at school. He speaks French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, and English and understands German
  • Lukaku looks an amazing player and very wise for his years. I have no idea why Chelsea sent him out on loan?
    Probably the player I most enjoy watching at present and incredibly only 20.
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Think Martinez is a great manager always gets the best out of the players he has and always play good football. Also think that Barkley has a great future ahead of him and will be a real asset to the England team.

Agreed .. wonder if he & Moyes will swap jobs at Christmas?
    Funnily enough thought that last night if uniteds board had maybe thought that they had picked the wrong guy, moyes looks clueless and fellani looks shocking in a united shirt
    we agree on that as well .. though how Ferguson kept what was/is to me a mediocre United group of players at the top for the past couple of years is quite remarkable
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Think Martinez is a great manager always gets the best out of the players he has and always play good football. Also think that Barkley has a great future ahead of him and will be a real asset to the England team.

Agreed .. wonder if he & Moyes will swap jobs at Christmas?
    Funnily enough thought that last night if uniteds board had maybe thought that they had picked the wrong guy, moyes looks clueless and fellani looks shocking in a united shirt
    we agree on that as well .. though how Ferguson kept what was/is to me a mediocre United group of players at the top for the past couple of years is quite remarkable
    I think by keeping them on there toes and not getting complacent
    THAT .. is the answer ... and what Powell needs to instil in his players for the rest of the season and onwards . no complacency and no despondency