Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards and the team now, at the start of the season?

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
If we werent in relegation problems i.e. less pressure, I would fancy us right up there under Pards.

Whaddya reckon?

Comments

• Options
    Champions League

You're 'avin a larf!
  • Options
    A comfortable 13th spot
  • Options
    I read somewhere yesterday that we've taken 15 points from 11 games under Pardew, so although a vast improvement on before, that's still not exactly top of the table form is it.
  • Options
    no but we are under pressure..
  • Options
    I take your point. If we can stay up, keep our main players (Bent, Young etc) and add a couple to the squad (Song, ZZ, maybe Carson), i'd fancy us to be around 9th-11th next season.
  • Options
    Even if we go down I still think we should keep hold of our top draw players must go straight back up.
  • Options
    If we go down, Bent, Rommedahl and young will go and we'd have next to no chance of keeping Carson and Song.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Even if we go down I still think we should keep hold of our top draw players must go straight back up.

If they want to stay and if we can afford them. Easy to say, not so easy to do.
  • Options
    I think the club should gamble surely that team/sqaud would seriously get promoted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]I think the club should gamble surely that team/sqaud would seriously get promoted.

What are the stakes you are gambling with?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    from my calculations on the predictor, with 40 points i can see us being just 6 points off tenth.

Whatever the outcome, it could easily of been a very different season.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    35 million + if we got promoted or championship money if we didnt get promoted ?

I know its not my money but I think I would gamble if i had the dosh unless the club finances are in a mess. I wouldnt know if thats the case.

Afraid Im in the camp (do know how big that is amongst Charlton fans) that wants this club to keep growing at a fast rate missing out in promotion if we went down would be a major loss in my eyes.

ps I am not a glory hunter.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]from my calculations on the predictor, with 40 points i can see us being just 6 points off tenth.

Whatever the outcome, it could easily of been a very different season.
    imagine if Traore hadn't got himself sent off after 20 minutes of the season, perhaps we would have won that game and still have Dowie in charge ...

bearing that in mind I think I am happy with the way the season has panned out so far!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    and if you;ve gambled all that money away and not got promoted then what?

You have to strike a balance, perhaps like last time plan for promotion within two years.

Hypothetical of course because

WE ARE

STAYING

UP!
  • Options
    Traore hadn't had gone off at West Ham I believe we would have won that game, also if the chances that fell to Thomas and Rommedahl against Watford had fell to Benty we would have won that
  • Options
    As Salad says it's about getting the balance right, going for it but not betting the house on it ala Leeds.

And we can force players to stay. Bent and Young for example may want to stay in the England squad and will have even less chance in the Championship IMHO.

But again Salad is right. WASU APRAWA
  • Options
    15 points from 11 games would translate into near 50 points from 38, comfortably mid table and when we go onto get another 20 points from the remaining 24 then that would be A UEFA place, yes I believe at thsi stage we will drop points by drawing at L'Pool and Everton only and win our remaining games
  • Options
    " I believe at thsi stage we will drop points by drawing at L'Pool and Everton only and win our remaining games "

I would like to think so Kev but Blackburn, Man City and Spuds have not got three points written all over them........
  • Options
    Spurs game - night match, crowd up for it, knowing the other results, them concentrating on the UEFA cup (if they're still in it), we'll get 3 points there no bother!
  • Options
    Well we will need to score two cos Defoe will get his usual "your not singing anymore" goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Bent and ZZ running riot we'll get 2 or 3! I've had a drink so feel optimistic!
  • Options
    after seeing Sparkie's face when that Spammer's goal was given, I think he'd gladly let us beat his team to condemn them to the fizzy pop league!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    If only Pards had been there at the beginning. Were going to win every game this year and safely finish mid table. Just think about next year after we stay up.

Champions League