Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bikers attack Range Rover driver

This is one scary situation -the guy in the Range Rover has his family with him and is surrounded by the bikers, but he drives over one of them and has actually paralysed him. The bikers then seek retribution, chase the Range Rover horrendously in numbers and attack the driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfElroIKO0

Comments

• Options
    Amazing video. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Jesus. Still a little confused though;

I see the bikers have essentially swarmed his vehicle, and he's dangerously close to clipping one of them when he goes out of shot. At this point I'm not quite sure what they expected him to do? Slow down and risk getting rammed from behind?

I presume he ended up clipping that bike which made them all stop? Either way, he does go pretty mental just smashing through them all.. how the feck his car didnt get stuck over one of the bikes I don't know..
  • Options
    The second bloke right at the end punches the window and you can tell it really hurt his hand!
  • Options
    The biker who smashed the window with his crash helmet was charged by Police. Looks like he is the only person who is being done. There was a 2 year old child in the rear of the Range Rover - truly frightening.
  • Options
    The biker who backed into the suv to start the whole incident was also charged.The biker who was run over is in a coma and paralyzed from waist down.NYPD had over 200 complaints about the gang before this even began
  • Options

The biker who backed into the suv to start the whole incident was also charged.The biker who was run over is in a coma and paralyzed from waist down.NYPD had over 200 complaints about the gang before this even began

Ah cheers for the background @Indianaaddick! As we just missed the crucial moment before the range rover driver ran over the bikes, I was a little confused. That makes perfect sense now.

Now it's got legal, and his mates facing a charge... I bet sharing that helmet cam footage doesn't seem like the brightest idea..!

Also, 200 complaints? Geez, I thought Kent Police were bad..
  • Options
    You are in New York with your family out for a drive and surrounded by over 100 bikers.

Feel intimidated at all ?
  • Options
    i can't believe how far they rode and there was no sign of the police anywhere
  • Options
    I'm just surprised nobody got shot!
  • Options
    He thought there were no consequences to mowing into a biker in his manhattan tractor. Got off quite lightly, he shouldn't have put his family in that situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why the hell is this even happening? Crazy fools.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but if I was in that situation with my family in the car and come under attack like that I would of done exactly the same and proves you never know when a 4x4 in the city will come into use
  • Options

He thought there were no consequences to mowing into a biker in his manhattan tractor. Got off quite lightly, he shouldn't have put his family in that situation.

The biker he run over first of all was riding in front of him and kept looking over his shoulder at him before slowing right down to try & make the range rover stop.

To what end? To car jack? Kidknap? Rob? Kill? Rape?

Who knows. But if you've got your 2 year old child in the car you wouldn't wind down the window to find out either.
  • Options

Rubbish. A biker gang groups up on a family car driving down the road and essentially blocks you in. You are in a car with your kids. What the hell is he supposed to do, wind down the window and say "Excuse me dear chap, would you give me room to move along? I am late for the Kindergarten run?" That biker is scum for doing that to a guy with kids in the car. If he hadnt of done it, he wouldnt be in a coma and none of this would have happened.
  • Options
    The Range Rover driver did it out of self defence.

Unlike this bus driver who did it out of rage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197g5EAF8s4
  • Options
    What started it all?
  • Options
    What happened next?
    He should have knocked as many over as he could on the freeway.
  • Options
    Bit confused - why did they stop him at the start just before he ran them over? One of them was walking up to him looking pretty ominous.
  • Options

Rubbish. A biker gang groups up on a family car driving down the road and essentially blocks you in. You are in a car with your kids. What the hell is he supposed to do, wind down the window and say "Excuse me dear chap, would you give me room to move along? I am late for the Kindergarten run?" That biker is scum for doing that to a guy with kids in the car. If he hadnt of done it, he wouldnt be in a coma and none of this would have happened.
    Pish. The guy who he paralysed jumped off to help a biker who he knocked off. They'd swarmed the car because of his idiotic driving apparently. None of us know whether that is true or not, but what is clear is that he panicked and ran a man over like a dog. At that point none of them had dismounted or touched the car. The guy was an idiot who put his family in a dangerous position by driving like a typical entitled prick in an SUV. They showed a fair amount of restraint in not ending him. He got a battering after the camera stopped but he's a fair bit better off than the guy he ran over. Will end up in the jail, unless his expensive lawyer can save him. Will spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder though.
  • Options
    I'm still confused as to how it all started
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bit confused - why did they stop him at the start just before he ran them over? One of them was walking up to him looking pretty ominous.

I read somewhere that these ad-hoc unofficial mass bike rides have been happening for a few years now in New York. One of the things they regularly do is have a few bikes ride in front of traffic and slow it down so that a clear road is created for about a 1/4 mile in front and and then there is a mass bike race on the open road. Obviously on this occasion it seems one of the bikes slowing down the traffic was clipped by the SUV. And then it all kicked off.

• Options
    Valley11 said:

I'm still confused as to how it all started

I'm still confused as to why Mortimerician seems to think the driver was in the wrong. If that was my family I'd have done the same thing. Certain types are always very tough in gangs.
  • Options

When the video first starts you can see a biker just in front of him keeps looking back at the driver, then he slows right down. The SUV driver clipped the back of his wheel so they all stopped. He thought (probably correctly) that he was going to be attacked so he decided to mow them down and speed off.
  • Options

Pish. The guy who he paralysed jumped off to help a biker who he knocked off. They'd swarmed the car because of his idiotic driving apparently. None of us know whether that is true or not, but what is clear is that he panicked and ran a man over like a dog. At that point none of them had dismounted or touched the car. The guy was an idiot who put his family in a dangerous position by driving like a typical entitled prick in an SUV. They showed a fair amount of restraint in not ending him. He got a battering after the camera stopped but he's a fair bit better off than the guy he ran over. Will end up in the jail, unless his expensive lawyer can save him. Will spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder though.
    As a father I would have done exactly as he did. Get the hell out of there to protect my son. The gang were notorious and had already had complaints about their behaviour allegedly. So you think anyone who drives an SUV is a jumped up prick? What a load of twaddle. In my world you can't bully people by violence on the road. Simple fact is that violent bike gangs are a problem in the USA (unlike here) so the situation would be unlikely to happen on the M25.
  • Options
    Lay with dogs you get up with fleas...the word gang should tell you all you need to know.
  • Options
    I landed in NY on Sunday (the day of the incident) and passed a gang of bikers on the way from airport, perhaps the same one - they were riding like complete tw*ts, swarming around cars, changing speeds erratically and many weren't wearing helmets.

Having said that most car drivers in the city drive aggressively and without any thought for other drivers or pedestrians.
  • Options

Where have you read that he was driving idotically?

Watch the video. The bike is slowing him right down, braked sharply and the SUV clipped him. The driver stopped. They swarmed him. He panicked and drove off.

Why is he the idiot?

& in your opinion is everyone with an SUV an entitled prick? Sweeping prejudiced views there.
  • Options
    I should think this started many miles before the camera footage started.
  • Options
    It looks as though a few bikes in that video have removed their license plates, so they were obviously intent on causing some kind of trouble and getting away with it
  • Options

It looks as though a few bikes in that video have removed their license plates, so they were obviously intent on causing some kind of trouble and getting away with it

Now now, lets not let the facts get in the way, it's much more fun to have a pop at a family man just because of the car he drives.