Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mayweather - Khan

3rd May 2014 in Vegas. Just announced.

Comments

• Options
    Easy win for Floyd.
  • Options
    Exciting though.
  • Options
    Scraping the barrel with glass chin Khan. haha
  • Options
    Khan is box office out there big big money fight
  • Options
    Do you know where in Vegas Polo?
  • Options
    What a joke of a fight. Khan has literally done nothing of note in his career and gets £20m to turn up and lose.
  • Options
    Apologies, not officially announced but suppose to be within the next couple of days. Venue looking like MGM.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Khan has just officially announced his retirement.
    Should get a few bob for his last fight though .
  • Options
    Embarrassing

At least Hatton had a chin at the time he fought Floyd

This won't last long
  • Options
    Does this mean his world title fight on 7th December in New York against Devon Alexander is off??

Always had the feeling that this fight would eventually happen but in the UK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, Khan has pulled out of the Alexander fight
  • Options
    Khan inside 1
  • Options
    By Scott Gilfoid: According to press statement from Team Khan, Amir is training for a December 7th fight against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander and not for a big fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. next year in May. What a shocker.

There have been reports for the past week that Khan was going to skip the Alexander fight and go straight to a big money fight against Mayweather.

Here’s the statement from Team Khan:

“Team Khan would like to dispel recent reports that Amir Khan has pulled out of a potential match-up against Devon Alexander on December 7th, taking up a fight against Floyd Mayweather in May of Next year instead.

Contrary to this story, Amir Khan is currently in training camp in San Francisco with the aim of fighting again in December against Alexander once an agreement can be reached.”

I wonder what the deal is? Did Mayweather reject the Khan fight after hearing all the negative press from you fans about it or did Khan always plan on fighting Alexander in December all along. Frankly, I don’t believe it. I get the impression that Mayweather’s people got wind of the mountain of complaints about the Khan-Mayweather fight from the fans, and they nixed the fight. That makes the most sense, doesn’t it? It would have been an insane move on Mayweather’s part to fight Khan right now, because the uproar that it cause from fans against the fight would be incredible.

Looks like Khan has little choice but to fight Alexander if he wants to stay in the running for the Mayweather fight. I think Khan is doomed. Alexander is too good for him, and he’s going to spank him bad on December 7th unless Khan backs out of the fight and finds someone beatable in the same mold as little light welterweight Carlos Molina. I mean, Khan wants the Mayweather fight, but if you put him in with Alexander, he’s going to get destroyed quick, and his dream of fighting Mayweather will go down the drain with that defeat. It’s good that Khan’s training already for the fight, but it’s going to make any difference. Alexander is too skilled, too powerful and too talented for Khan, and he’s going to knock him out in this fight.

What Khan should be doing is trying to convince Golden Boy Promotions to stick him in with a different welterweight instead of Alexander. If they put Khan back in with the light hitting Paulie Malignaggi, Khan is going to shine in a big way. Mayweather might be pleased enough with another Khan win over Malignaggi to bless him as an opponent.

I don’t think the hardcore boxing fans will have changed their minds about a Khan-Mayweather fight, but Khan could still get the fight anyway if he impresses Mayweather. But if Khan fights Alexander, he’s going to lose and lose in a dramatic fashion by getting knocked out. That’s just a really bad match-up for Khan and I don’t think he’s capable of beating a talent like Alexander.

Read more at http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/10/khan-not-fighting-mayweather-next-still-training-for-alexander/#wqtG8Dz9EsbPt1VY.99

who knows
  • Options
    Somethings not adding up

Team Khan issues statement denying Mayweather fight

Team Khan issued a statement to dispel recent reports that Amir Khan has pulled out of a potential match-up against Devon Alexander on December 7th, taking up a fight against Floyd Mayweather in May of next year instead. Contrary to this story, Amir Khan is currently in training camp in San Francisco with the aim of fighting again in December against Alexander once an agreement can be reached.

London’s Daily Mail caused a stir when they reported 1) that an official announcement would be made for Mayweather-Khan in the next few days, 2) that Khan has pulled out of his planned December 7 fight with Alexander, and 3) that Khan would enter a seven month camp with trainer Virgil Hunter.
  • Options
    Last chance saloon
  • Options
    lots of criticism for Floyd taking the fight, not sure brand money will run with it
  • Options
    Ah right, the Daily Mail article was the one i'd read so i assumed it was all sorted.
  • Options
    could be on the way the wording is from the khan camp the Alexandra fight is not as confirmed as was widely reported here
  • Options
    Jesus Christ, Khan would be very lucky to make it past the first round, he has done nothing to deserve to step up in class like this.
  • Options
    When people say Khan hasnt done anything in his career, he is a 2 time former world champion. Styles make fights and I think it will be very exciting and alot closer than some people are predicting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Khan chose his fights as “selectively" as Mayweather does, he’d probably still be undefeated too.
  • Options

When people say Khan hasnt done anything in his career, he is a 2 time former world champion. Styles make fights and I think it will be very exciting and alot closer than some people are predicting!

Khan has talent but cannot take a punch, we've seen that already and Mayweather punches fast and hard with immense skill.

Would be amazed if Khan took it to six rounds.
  • Options

Spot on. Many Charlton Life boxing experts have seen a bit of highlights and reckon they're Ring Magazine. Even if he is well beaten at least he's got the nuts to go iout against the best. Will get criticism from people who wouldn't go out in the rain.
  • Options
    Probably the only boxer with fast enough hands to get near mayweather. Think mayweather would win but it would be an exciting fight. Khan is always exciting and unpredictable.
  • Options

Spot on. Many Charlton Life boxing experts have seen a bit of highlights and reckon they're Ring Magazine. Even if he is well beaten at least he's got the nuts to go iout against the best. Will get criticism from people who wouldn't go out in the rain.
    Like it!

I always was a bit harsh on Khan up until he fought Maidana who whilst not being the most technical fighter he hits hard and is unorthodox. Khan was a champion that night. He can make himself difficult to like (talking about himself in the third person, dropping trainers after defeats) but he is in a class of a handful that can compete at world level. I think he could look ok against mayweather. He won't beat him but he has a style that allows him to give it a go
  • Options
    Chunes said:

If Khan chose his fights as “selectively" as Mayweather does, he’d probably still be undefeated too.

Bollocks, 99% of Khans fights have been selective. He got KO'd by Prescott who was selected, Peterson who was selected and Garcia who was huge underdog at time. Khan also got dropped by an old lightweight in diaz who was selected and I thought he lost that fight.
  • Options

two time world champ yes, but if you think this will be close you're well off the mark. Khan gives the impression he has speed by throwing 5-6 punches at once, all hitting his opponents gloves and with absolutely no power behind them. Think that will phase Mayweather? He'll pick him apart, avoid all shots and then finish him when he fancies it.

I've supported Khan throughout his entire career, but the last few years he's just become a bit of a cock. He has a shite chin and this ridiculous idea that he has to prove he doesn't. When he gets rocked by a punch instead of covering up or holding on he'll tap his chin and call it on, only to get dropped a few shots later.

Khan has done it in the past, but atm it's not even certain he's the best in the UK. Waste of time this fight.

• Options

He picked his way to the top after Prescott, there's a reason that after Prescott he didn't fight a boxer with a good punch until Garcia (and that was only because he was desperate after losing to Peterson).

Khan isn't world level, his best wins are Judah and Maidana who aren't exactly the cream of the division.

With Garcia, Mattysse, Alexander, Marquez, Bradley and Thurman around, Khan is not in a position to have earned this Mayweather fight. And it will not be close, Khan just isn't smart enough and will get ripped apart after Mayweather makes his adjustments like he always does.