Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liverpool vs Palace today

9-0 is 300/1 on betfair....

Comments

• Perry Sucklings not in goal tho
  • 500/1 with paddypower... :-)
  • Just need Sunderland to pick up, they are making them look good atm...
  • Already losing 3 nil, not even half time yet.
  • Is this a late comeback I see?

lol.
  • Watched the first half of this game.Palace are definitely going down this season.They're not good enough to play in the Premier League,simple as that.
  • Well the way things are going they will still be a league above us!
  • Watched the first half of this game.Palace are definitely going down this season.They're not good enough to play in the Premier League,simple as that.

As much as I hate them that's no disgrace. They will unfortunately be very strong next season regardless. I just hope we are in the same league so we can play them.

As much as I hate them that's no disgrace. They will unfortunately be very strong next season regardless. I just hope we are in the same league so we can play them.

I believe we will. I have faith in CP and the club :)
  • Watched the highlights on MOTD and really questioned whether I want us to be in the Premiership - Palace are just making up the numbers for a season (or 2 if they're lucky). With the way it is currently set up in the Prem, is it possible for teams like ours to do anything other than survive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Saga Lout said:

With the way it is currently set up in the Prem, is it possible for teams like ours to do anything other than survive?

Of course, just as we proved within the last 10 years. You build the club a little each year, improve the quality of the squad, keep hold of a talented manager etc etc and find yourself in the Prem top 10/sold-out stadium and dreams of European football. Of course, a large part of that plan involves staying away from Iain Dowie.

• Tbf Cardiff and Hull are making a decent go of it. If you look at the clubs relegated from the Prem in recent years not many have made it back - Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves, Birmingham
  • Saga Lout said:

With the way it is currently set up in the Prem, is it possible for teams like ours to do anything other than survive?

Of course, just as we proved within the last 10 years. You build the club a little each year, improve the quality of the squad, keep hold of a talented manager etc etc and find yourself in the Prem top 10/sold-out stadium and dreams of European football. Of course, a large part of that plan involves staying away from Iain Dowie.

That was then, this is now - I think it's got a lot harder to do what we did. I'd love to be proved wrong of course.
  • Watching them lose every week doesn't fill me with as much joy as I thought it would.
  • Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

That was then, this is now - I think it's got a lot harder to do what we did. I'd love to be proved wrong of course.
    It feels like we are back where we were before our Prem League years and have to start doing it all over again.The difference is that it's indeed more difficult now,with big money pouring in each year and subsequently foreign world-class players coming in.I've been watching Premier League games every weekend this season and have to admit that teams like Arsenal,Man City,Spurs and Chelsea,they're almost in a different league.Then there're the likes of Liverpool,Everton (and maybe Man United) who also play very well and keep producing good results.I'm not sure about Soton and Villa because I haven't watched their games.But the rest of the league,especially teams in the bottom half,they actually aren't as good as MOTD makes them look.Their job I think is the same,to gain as many points as they can when facing opponents in similar and lower positions,which is probablly what we'd been doing during those years and how we succeeded as a stable mid-table team (and of course we were better than that for some time).

I don't know whether we'll fare better than Palace if we get promoted but with an improved squad and a bit of luck,it's not totally impossible for a Championship team to stay in the Premier League.