Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How far away are flying cars?

I cannot take much more of this countries fricking traffic !

Comments

• Options
    Well I don't think they're that far away from a technology point of view, it the driver skill level required that is the issue. Therefore, once we see a sizeable number of self-driving cars on the road and that technology is perfect, then self driving flying cars will follow not too far behind.
  • Options
    "Over"-taking will have a new meaning!
  • Options
    Been about for years mate. They're called aeroplanes........................
  • Options
    Can't see it happening in my lifetime , i'm hoping to be around until i'm 103.
  • Options
    ^^^ 5 years to go then ? .. ((:->)
  • Options
    Never - we won't be able to afford the fuel for the road-going cars soon, let alone the flying ones.
  • Options

Been about for years mate. They're called aeroplanes........................

Don't know where you live, but might be tight in my garage.

• Options
    Depends how high they are flying.
  • Options
    A zero reference drive would use 5 times the fuel of an average car.
  • Options
    By October 21, 2015 we'll have flying cars and hoverboards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There used to be a few cars down my street as a kid, that had no wheels and just hovvered 12" off the ground. Funnily enough, the owners never seemed pleased to see them when they came out to go to work in the morning.................
  • Options

By October 21, 2015 we'll have flying cars and hoverboards.

What about self drying jackets?
  • Options
    Will there ever be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark ?
  • Options
    Probably about 30,000 feet?
  • Options
    They'll never get approval for members of the public to fly above people's houses. Even if the technology existed, was cheap enough and the authorities allowed them to become common place one little bump from a momentary lack of concentration and you could have two petrol filled cars crash landing in residential areas.

This is before one factors in the terrorist implications if a large percentage of the population had what could easily be turned into a flying bomb!
  • Options

By October 21st 2015 we'll have flying cars and hoverboards.

What about self drying jackets?
    Around the same time!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Closer than you think. Duck!

I'll get me coat.
  • Options

They'll never get approval for members of the public to fly above people's houses. Even if the technology existed, was cheap enough and the authorities allowed them to become common place one little bump from a momentary lack of concentration and you could have two petrol filled cars crash landing in residential areas.

This is before one factors in the terrorist implications if a large percentage of the population had what could easily be turned into a flying bomb!

But surely we'll all have house force shields by that time and that would repel any errant Nissans?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It depends at what speed they are traveling at and how much of a head start you give them.
  • Options
    Here, now, for about 10 seconds.
  • Options
    we had one back in the sixties dont you remember, it was called " supercar " and one of the passengers was " mitch " the monkey and could be seen every week on tv.
  • Options
    Love that sketch. Not watched Clerks for years, quality movie................
  • Options
    Depends upon how fast they are going !