Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'Movember' - Are You In?

Anyone up for this in November , i always seem to miss the boat with this one and don't cotton on until half way through the month , seriously considering giving it a go this November , anyone else joining in?

http://uk.movember.com/

Comments

• Options
    My face is already covered in hair.
  • Options
    Can't grow a proper beard and the missus will attack me with a razor in the night anyway so it's a no from me. Always donate though, great cause that doesn't get the recognition it deserves whereas the media go barmy for breast cancer awareness
  • Options
    Not sure whether i should grow one like this fella.

• Options
    I'm in for a second year, under pressure from my workmates. I've got a holiday in the middle of the month and didn't really want a bit of fluff on my upper lip...

Beards not allowed Sam, btw, only mustache's.

Millwall supporter at work is going for a pencil mustache... Typical.

• Options
    I'm up for it !
  • Options

I'm up for it !

You can do fanuary :-0

Im considering doing it this year. Gonna go for the handlebars
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Second year running for me. Although my MO was unexceptional and most old dears have a better growth than me.
  • Options

I'm up for it !

You can do fanuary :-0

Im considering doing it this year. Gonna go for the handlebars
    Lol ! NIce one, ORH !

• Options
    yep,second year running for me. I'm doing an Octobeard so I can start off strongly from the 1st
  • Options
    Croydon said:

yep,second year running for me. I'm doing an Octobeard so I can start off strongly from the 1st

Not heard of an 'Octobeard' before Croydon , any piccies?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's just growing a beard in October, in preparation for Movember. So effectively 2 months of birds being put off by dodgy ginger facial hair
  • Options
    Croydon said:

it's just growing a beard in October, in preparation for Movember. So effectively 2 months of birds being put off by dodgy ginger facial hair

Surely you have to start Movember clean shaven on the 1st ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Croydon said:

Yes, you do - thems the rules.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

se9addick said:

Croydon said:

ah didn't know that, so I've been growing a shit beard for nothing then!

• Options
    Croydon said:

Saga Lout said:

se9addick said:

Croydon said:

ah didn't know that, so I've been growing a shit beard for nothing then!

Could always break the rules...
  • Options
    Last day today , and then the tash is off tomorrow , anyone else made it thus far?
  • Options
    At work there are a few guys doing it, and they are trying to raise cash for the charity as one does but basically no one is donating. Can't help but feel if it was Breast Cancer charities or something there would be a lot more support.

I work in media though, and something such as Telegraph "Man of the Year" was seen as exceptionally sexist and controversial. #Stothemisogyny #bringinthemisandry
  • Options

Last day today , and then the tash is off tomorrow , anyone else made it thus far?

yep, shaved mine off this morning. Immediately felt like less of a man
  • Options
    Mine has now gone can't say I miss it, poxy thing was itching like a bastard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I woke up yesterday morning thinking it was December 1st. Straight into bathroom to clipper the shave the poxy thing off. Only an hour later did I realise that it was only November 30th and I had failed "Movember". D'oh!
  • Options
    Having seen Mr Carter's which I have to say would have given my late MILs tash a run for its money. Ollie had a belter albeit with a beard, he would be my winner athough I'm not sure he grew for Movember. ;)
  • Options
    It's off, but not completely - I've left a little "designer stubble" That will probably go tomorrow - can't be bothered with the up-keep tbh.
  • Options
    And I looked like one of the village people as nss kindly pointed out yesterday.

@charltondan had a mercury-esque one going on. I felt inadequate next to him